RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Know this is nitpicky, but move the switch panel in the kitchen (Ventana Models) out to the end of the cabinet on the side, so people with short arms can reach those switches. It is now in a place the BH cannot get too, especially when slide is out, as that is the deepest point of the counter.

Move the thermostat to the main inside wall so it's central to the coach. The temp sensor/clock is on that wall, move it there. This may be only in the Ventana models. Realize that in the NA and others the dometic thermostat is not an item, it's integrated into Silverleaf in NA, don't know about DS.

It would seem to me, that if some components/features are common across all diesel lines, this would cut down on costs of parts and the labor to install them in different places on every model. I could be wrong about this. And my main complaint is the quality of the sub-components purchased, many if not all made in China, move to better built components, made in the USA, YES, that will cost more, but it would put more Americans to work, and ensure that gotchas dont happen as often. I can give example if necessary.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2008 Jeep GC Overland
Know this is nitpicky, but move the switch panel in the kitchen (Ventana Models) out to the end of the cabinet on the side, so people with short arms can reach those switches. It is now in a place the BH cannot get too, especially when slide is out, as that is the deepest point of the counter.

Move the thermostat to the main inside wall so it's central to the coach. The temp sensor/clock is on that wall, move it there. This may be only in the Ventana models. Realize that in the NA and others the dometic thermostat is not an item, it's integrated into Silverleaf in NA, don't know about DS.

It would seem to me, that if some components/features are common across all diesel lines, this would cut down on costs of parts and the labor to install them in different places on every model. I could be wrong about this. And my main complaint is the quality of the sub-components purchased, many if not all made in China, move to better built components, made in the USA, YES, that will cost more, but it would put more Americans to work, and ensure that gotchas dont happen as often. I can give example if necessary.
I think I saw the new Dometic 10 button thermostat on the wall right behind the co-pilots chair. Is this the one you're talking about?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2012 Equinox
I have converted my last 2 houses with a full loop hot water recirculating system. If the loop passes closely to the faucet you get nearly instantaneous hot water without dumping the unwanted cool water down the drain.
In a coach with finite fresh and waste water tanks, a similar system could save precious water.
The heart of the system is a pump with temperature switching. It turns itself on and off based on the water temperature in the loop. It can also be provided with a timer so it only operates during typical use hours. For an RV, there could be a switch that the user turns on the pump prior to needing hot water and allows a few minutes for the loop to get up to temp.
The hot water lines must be planned out so that the return line begins at the furthest faucet in the pipe line. The pumps are small and being located next to the water heater should be no problem.
At first, the water being tossed down the drain seems insignificant, but accumulated it is quite a bit. If I were ordering a new coach I would at least ask if they’d consider it.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I have converted my last 2 houses with a full loop hot water recirculating system. If the loop passes closely to the faucet you get nearly instantaneous hot water without dumping the unwanted cool water down the drain.
In a coach with finite fresh and waste water tanks, a similar system could save precious water.
The heart of the system is a pump with temperature switching. It turns itself on and off based on the water temperature in the loop. It can also be provided with a timer so it only operates during typical use hours. For an RV, there could be a switch that the user turns on the pump prior to needing hot water and allows a few minutes for the loop to get up to temp.
The hot water lines must be planned out so that the return line begins at the furthest faucet in the pipe line. The pumps are small and being located next to the water heater should be no problem.
At first, the water being tossed down the drain seems insignificant, but accumulated it is quite a bit. If I were ordering a new coach I would at least ask if they’d consider it.
What you describe sounds an awful lot like a Shower Miser (RV) except for the pump. Newmar already installs these on their units. However, I suppose they could also add an option for installing the Sink Miser as well.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4363
RV Length
43'9"
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
Another set of brake lights mounted 30"s or so above the originals. Makes them easier to see above the toad, My '14 Tuscany had them.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4081
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Since 2017, we have had the Newmar escape door on most of the DP units. And I’ve seen several posts about folks getting locked out of their coach for a variety of reasons including failed locks.

One solution that has been put forth is to wire up a switch for the drivers side electric window so you can roll that down from the outside.

Well, I’m a big guy, and the thought of trying to climb in that window is not appealing to me.

So my suggestion is for Newmar to modify the lock on the escape door so that it can be unlocked from the outside. I would pay extra for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Add a patio side water spigot maybe in the pegboard bay. This allows fresh water access while at the patio.