Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CuriousGeorge

RVF Newbee
After several years camping with a small Winnebago travel trailer, looking to once again jump into RVing. A local dealer has some Sunset Park Sun Lite 16BH models which might meet my needs. Not being here often couldn't easily find a product review category and the search function shows nothing, so asking here. Also posting a link to the model I'm interested in.

Finding limited online reviews, the bad equals the good. Anyone here have personal experience with them? Looking for comments on the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thanks, George

Are you handy enough to tackle most any small problem that may come along? I mean plumbing, electrical, fit and finish, etc. It doesen't really matter what brand of RV you buy, they all seem to have problems. Seems like more problems since this whole pandemic started, but they can all be fixed.

Never heard of them but almost $30K seems a bit expensive for such a small unit. Personally, I would look for a lightly used model. More bang for the buck kind of thing. Just my .02.

And Welcome to the forum!

After several years camping with a small Winnebago travel trailer, looking to once again jump into RVing. A local dealer has some Sunset Park Sun Lite 16BH models which might meet my needs. Not being here often couldn't easily find a product review category and the search function shows nothing, so asking here. Also posting a link to the model I'm interested in.

Finding limited online reviews, the bad equals the good. Anyone here have personal experience with them? Looking for comments on the good, the bad and the ugly.

Thanks, George
My husband and I pick up our Sun Lite 16BH this weekend. We are excited to use it! There are so many features. Our version has both awnings, the overhead bunk/storage area, single basin sink, 3 burner cooktop with oven, Wineguard HDTV antennae, plus the off-road/tow package. So many amenities are included with the Sun Lite 16BH including solar and backup camera prep, outside shower, inside and outside speakers, sturdy entrance step (important for our older dog), TV prep, microwave, separate (and good sized!) fridge and freezer, and so much more! Sorry if I'm gushing. Like I said, we are excited. Hope this info helps.

KnJ

Thanks for the feedback regarding the new unit. Please follow-up with your impressions as to handling, quality and reliability after you get a couple trips in. Hope you enjoy it.

Look at many brands, many models. Check several dealerships. I am so glad I took my time on the last one. I would have regretted buying what my local dealer had.

I bought a Sunset Sunray 149 used. Was going to do a 16BH but my truck only has a 4 cylinder so had to go a bit lighter. Think about buying a used one first, if you haven't already got it. New trailers always have bugs with them that the first owner has to deal with. I bought my used and he added about $3,000 of accessories with it - solar panels, back up camera, tv, generator, dishes, plates, ect....Reel good deal. So far I have no complaints about the Sunset brand but they are alike cars...not everyone is the same.

Traveling up to PA to pick up my 2022 Sun Lite 16BH. Looked at many trailers but liked the layout and weight. Spoke with the factory rep a few times. I knew more than the dealer I bought this from. You may ask why I didn't buy local. The answer is $5,000 in price from any dealer in VA, NC, and SC. Besides, it's a travel trailer. I get to camp on my way back to NC. Have fun with yours, my dog and I are going to enjoy ours.

Traveling up to PA to pick up my 2022 Sun Lite 16BH. Looked at many trailers but liked the layout and weight. Spoke with the factory rep a few times. I knew more than the dealer I bought this from. You may ask why I didn't buy local. The answer is $5,000 in price from any dealer in VA, NC, and SC. Besides, it's a travel trailer. I get to camp on my way back to NC. Have fun with yours, my dog and I are going to enjoy ours.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new TT. If you find yourself in the Franklin NC area, drop by and check out Deer Springs RV Park! We'd love to see you and your new rig!

Latest resources

Back