Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Super C: which length is best, between 38 and 45?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DBRV

RVF Newbee
I'm looking into a Super C. Although I would like it as big as possible, I'm concerned about locations that may restrict based on length.

My interest is in 38 feet or longer, up to 45. Want to travel L48, Canada and Alaska. Are there states or provinces or places (like parks) that would turn me away if my RV is long?

Never thought about Super C, anything over 30 ft go to an A class. Class C Winnebago just right, Ford E450 V10, great engine and chassis.

Spend time looking at parks/campgrounds where you want to go. This will be the best information for you.

Generally the longer you go, the less campground spots you will find. We have a 45’ and know that many national parks will not accommodate us, and many state parks will have limited sites large enough. But with enough planning and creativity, we have yet to find an area we cannot visit due to our size. Yes, maybe we cannot stay in a specific campground, but can find another close by where we can stay. And we also pull a car hauling trailer too.

Spend time looking at parks/campgrounds where you want to go. This will be the best information for you.

Generally the longer you go, the less campground spots you will find. We have a 45’ and know that many national parks will not accommodate us, and many state parks will have limited sites large enough. But with enough planning and creativity, we have yet to find an area we cannot visit due to our size. Yes, maybe we cannot stay in a specific campground, but can find another close by where we can stay. And we also pull a car hauling trailer too.
Thanks. That confirms what I was hoping, and yes, I was thinking about towing a car/jeep to go with.

Forgot to mention, due to longer sites being limited, having a longer RV also requires planning further in advance as the longer sites tend to book faster, everybody wants the spacious site, even when they are in a 14’ pop up.

Renegade makes exceptional Class C's over 35ft. Don't be fooled by the so-called Super C's with the 6.7l cummins that so many manufacturers use

Latest resources

Back