Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm considering fulltiming someday in the years ahead but as with most RVers we're at a more susceptible time in our lives for medical attention. While I'm only 26 as I have been the last 27 years :) the time is nearing for my first ever surgery it seems, a knee surgery. I screwed it up even more last night chasing a 6 month old lab up the stairs, she won, and my knee reminded me something is very wrong. I'll find out next Monday or at least start the investigative process.

The same thoughts come to mind about moving to some other location as I have family here. Living in the area of family allows you to help them or them help you should a need arise. My question and concern is how do people that fulltime handle situations like this? A knee surgery? Spinal surgery? Other medical needs that may affect ones ability to move. I guess this is complicated by being single and having a pet as I guess if you could remain within the RV that certainly helps matters and remain immobile.

Medical and fulltiming is a big concern of mine.

It happens. I'm 68 and still have all my original parts but it is only a matter of time. The DW had one knee replacement done while we were initially full timing in a fiver. She had the second one done the year prior to that while we were in a sticknbrick. She still says it was easier to rehab in the RV.

A buddy (single) had a hip replaced last year while he wintered in SW Florida. He is either 68 or 69. He just had his brother fly in and stay with him for the first week in his RV and he was good to go.

I thought we were all bionic....10 million dollar people (being pc) adjusted for inflation...:ROFLMAO:

Not to worry, @Neal; with that 3D printing setup, you should be able to create a new knee in short order. ;)

I don't mean to make light of your knee situation, Neal; just trying to pick up your spirits a little. Hope all goes well for you.

TJ

Hoping it's just a meniscus, I'm trying to find the proper filament to use for a new one :)

My thought on this, as I contemplate the potential for FT RV life, is that you would designate a specific local to be your "home base" that has excellent healthcare. Visit that local every year to establish your network of health care professionals with annual visits. If you are concerned about emergency surgery, purchase an insurance program like Skymed (shameless plug as I am a representative for Skymed) to cover the cost to get you and your assets to that local should you need unplanned medical care. BTW this is what we plan to do should we ever travel in the RV more than a few months a year. We have already started to develop a group of healthcare professionals in the Jacksonville Mayo community as the healthcare in our home community is, in our opinion, subpar.

Link to Skymed?

Hoping it's just a meniscus, I'm trying to find the proper filament to use for a new one :)

Neal...an FYI: Had an issue with my right knee, went to "ortho" Doc at Henrico Doctors, Parham Rd. Campus. Before recommending any surgery, he did an injection with a gel, made from "cocks comb"! Think it was 2 injections, but bottom line, never had another ache, pain, nor issue with it since. This was in 2016. Best thing I ever did. By the way, had meniscus "scope" surgery on left one back in 2005, & no issues with it since! Something you may want to check out! Good luck!

Neal...an FYI: Had an issue with my right knee, went to "ortho" Doc at Henrico Doctors, Parham Rd. Campus. Before recommending any surgery, he did an injection with a gel, made from "cocks comb"! Think it was 2 injections, but bottom line, never had another ache, pain, nor issue with it since. This was in 2016. Best thing I ever did. By the way, had meniscus "scope" surgery on left one back in 2005, & no issues with it since! Something you may want to check out! Good luck!

Thank you. Screwed it up good Monday morning chasing the dog up stairs (still house breaking this monster) and I think something tore. Been hard to walk on it since but I think it may be a good thing in pinpointing the problem for him when I see him Monday, Dr. Beech in Midlothian behind St. Francis. I'm looking forward to a fix so I can get back to Pickleball someday, hopefully.

I hope they put me to sleep for shots :)

Thank you. Screwed it up good Monday morning chasing the dog up stairs (still house breaking this monster) and I think something tore. Been hard to walk on it since but I think it may be a good thing in pinpointing the problem for him when I see him Monday, Dr. Beech in Midlothian behind St. Francis. I'm looking forward to a fix so I can get back to Pickleball someday, hopefully.

I hope they put me to sleep for shots :)
My daughter had the same two shot treatment as did jabber jaw. She says it seriously changed her life for the better.

Latest resources

Back