Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mike n sue

RVF Regular
We are brand new to the RV world. after much discussion, planning and going back and forth we have purchased a 31'class c coachman Leprechaun. It is a 2002 in pristine condition with everything up dated and perfect. We are very pleased as there is no loan payment and we feel like we have a brand new rv with only 37,000 miles. We are on our first trip (local only ) to learn about our RV.
Susan and I are semi retired and are able to take time off from our retirement jobs; Susan is a substitute teacher and I am a licensed boat captain running a pirate ship in St Augustine fl, which is where we live. We will take short local trips until July when we will take 3 weeks and visit family in TN and MI. We are really looking forward to that trip.
We hope to learn a lot on the forum, thanks in advance :)

Welcome @mike n sue to the forum and congrats on the new to you RV.

Welcome! You are approaching RVing correctly. Congrats!

I want to hear more of this Pirate ship. Arrrrrrrr.

Welcome, @mike n sue; glad to have you aboard the good ship RVF. Sounds like you are off to a good start; congrats on the new coach. We, too, are interested in some details on the "pirate ship."

TJ

Welcome and congrats. We look forward to hearing (and seeing) your camping journeys ahead. Great to have you with us.

Thank you for the warm welcome
The pirate ship......most fun retirement job you could ever want. I spent 50 years + in the construction industry and when I retired I got bored and started to get depressed....so tried a few part time jobs and answered an ad for a small boat captain, started out running the small attack boat The Queens Ann's Revenge for a the pirate's of St Augustine company here in st Augustine FL., then after 6 months doing that,
IMG_2294[1].JPG
the company asked me to up grade my Captains license to 100ton so I could captain the big ship The Black Raven. and that is what I have been doing for the past 2 years, I am now the ships master and I have 2 relief captains so I only work about 12-15 days a month.
So what do we do you ask? Well we have several trips a day with full shows and a sea battle between the ships (the Black Raven always wins). We recover the treasure that the QAR stole during the pre show and distribute the booty among the children. There are sea shanties, jokes and all manner of entertainment provided by the crew while under way. There is a full bar on board and it is a great family trip. Then we have the adult show every Friday and sat nite. this is also quite entertaining for adults only. We have special trips for holidays, charters for special occasions and weddings (which I as the captain and a notary marry couples on board with many great views of the couples choosing. Here are a few pictures

Welcome and happy travels.

Welcome from Georgia!

PS: Nice ship!!

Thanks for the update, Cap'n; that looks like a fun retirement job!

TJ

Latest resources

Back