Chassis
Ford F53
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
Chevy Spark
Fulltimer
Yes
Recently purchased 2015 Suncruiser 38Q. First 100 miles were interesting driving. Really think I need some suspension and steering upgrades. Your thoughts would be appreciated!

A steering stabilizer made a noticeable difference on ours. Already had upgraded shocks, etc... I think Roadmaster and Safe-T-Plus are the two brand names for these motorhomes.

In my opinion, the first step is to make sure the suspension is operating within mfg spec. A review by a qualified truck suspension shop will go a long way to sorting what is necessary. Typical RV dealerships are clueless and will try to sell you all sorts of items that may or may not help.

For instance, shock absorbers only last 3-5 years with normal use. An overloaded RV on secondary roads cuts that time down considerably.

Please start by double checking tire pressures and follow the sticker on the motor rather than the tires.
We have a 2008 Itasca Sunova 26p. Previous owner said he always kept tires at 90 lb. The sticker says 85 in the front and 70 for the dually rear tires. After we weighed the rig and made sure these pressures were within specs for the tires, we adjusted air to match the sticker. MUCH better ride. So much softer and corners better in my opinion. Was a bouncing Betty before!

Latest resources

Back