RV Year
RV Make
American Coach
RV Model
Tradition
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
We are new to the RV world and recently purchased a 2017 Ventana and was wonder if its worth putting on sway bars?

Are you experiencing handling problems? What makes you think you need sway bars?

We had a 2014 Ventana LE and now have a 2018 Mountain Aire. After driving a significant number of miles in each coach...and, throughout the Mountian West, Southwest and Midwest...we have never felt the need for any improvement in handling. If you are seeing posts from folks in Newmar gas coaches, that's a different situation. The Ford gas chassis handling can be significantly improved with after-market produucts; the diesel pusher Freightliner and Spartan chassis handles quite well as-is, IMHO.

TJ

I’ve heard replacing the front shocks with Koni’s can be a meaningful upgrade, several on this forum have done it. My VTLE seems to handle pretty well “ out of the box” so not really motivated to do it myself.

I had an F53 chassis which required a lot of work (and money) to try and improve the handling characteristics. All are well documented in every forum. Moving from the F53 to a Freightliner under the Ventana LE was a night and day difference. I recommend leaving it alone for now. Get some miles under your belt and see what you think after 2,000 miles or so. I think you'll be quite pleased with the Ventana, with properly inflated tires and weight distribution.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back