RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
I thought that the sensors Newmar is using on the BayStar would not have the issues that the old through the tank sensors had. The new ones appear to be mounted on the outside. They worked fine for over a year. Now the gray tank reads 2/3 after emptying, which seems to take a long time.

I am stationary until spring so I cannot take it out and drive 100 mile with Dawn sloshing around. I tried 3/8 to 1/2 cup of Dawn soreading to all drains, let it soak overnight with mostly fresh water. No change after dumping. Just filled it with fresh water and will dump tomorrow it later today. Tank sensor accuracy seems to be a very difficult issue.

I hate to use too much Dawn because it will dry out the valve seals, though they can be lubricated.

The gassers don’t have the fancier systems of the DP’s.

Please complete your profile so we know the year, etc. of your coach.

Guess what, I empty my black tank and it reads 10% for about 5 hours or so. I think it's not the sensor as much as I think the computer that displays the data is futzed up. Since I know I have dumped the tank, I just let it work itself out. MH's all have that "something" which just don't work quite like it should. Mine is a 2019, and it's done it since new.

2020 BayStar 3626

Guess what, I empty my black tank and it reads 10% for about 5 hours or so. I think it's not the sensor as much as I think the computer that displays the data is futzed up. Since I know I have dumped the tank, I just let it work itself out. MH's all have that "something" which just don't work quite like it should. Mine is a 2019, and it's done it since new.
That does sound like a sensor is still wet due to junk on the walls of the tank...Clean the tank. Detergents / slosh drive first attempt, and then finally a power washing with a jetter tip thru the drain to really get it clean as final resort.

Latest resources

Back