RV Model
Ventana 3436
RV Length
34'
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford Edge
Fulltimer
No
Can't say this happened when I had my Ventana in for service, but when I picked it up, I turned the dash temperature control knob to adjust the temperature and it fell off in my hand. I've looked on line, inquired at Guaranty in Oregon and been to numerous auto parts stores to find a new knob. No luck. Anyone have any ideas? It's very difficult to confirm the part will fit when potential ones are found on Amazon etc...I bought a set that I thought might work from an auto parts store and it doesn't work (maybe smaller opening on back). I am going to break down and call Newmar tomorrow but I'm thinking they don't sell the individual knobs. I found the part number for the whole dash control panel but nothing for an individual knob. Also tried to google just "Evans dash control knob" and can't really find what I think I need...ideas from smarter people than me needed....TIA

Sherry
2018 Ventana

When I went to my local dealer to look at coaches they had one with a broken knob too. I think @Chuggs had one break as well. Hopefully Newmar parts has them. Not sure if you searched comnet yet.

Might be a Freightliner item. A check with Gaffney might help.

When I went to my local dealer to look at coaches they had one with a broken knob too. I think @Chuggs had one break as well. Hopefully Newmar parts has them. Not sure if you searched comnet yet.
Thanks Neal, yes, checked comnet but can only find the entire control panel...I got the part number for that just in case I have a difficult time describing the specific knob when I call...(not buying the panel cuz I'm guessing its $$$)

How did it break? Picture would help. It may be repairable with sugru. That stuff is amazing.

How did it break? Picture would help. It may be repairable with sugru. That stuff is amazing.
The plastic portion that comes out the back and goes around the metal "male" portion is 99% shattered off the back and gone...it would take some major inventiveness to come up with some repair and because it is where there would always be some form of pressure, not likely to last....in the pic, the little bit of black plastic sticking up should go all the way around, and then would go over the inner rotating knob in the dash

Attachments

• tempImageFgxTAb.png
    tempImageFgxTAb.png
    12.3 MB · Views: 16
I think there is a good chance that the knob is an automotive part. Call Newmar parts and ask (a) if they have just the knob available and (b) if they can give you an OEM part number that identifies the automotive source.

Good luck.

TJ

I would look for a replacement part in this case BUT if you cannot find one, I think you can create a crude fix that no one would ever notice using either sugru or instamorph. Both of these will bond to plastic though the instamorph will likely be a stronger bond and you could reinforce with some superglue or even epoxy.

I can hear opportunity knocking for Neal’s 3D printing business ?

Latest resources

Back