Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

lashmore72830

RVF Newbee
I am test driving a 2015 Itasca 28’ Class C this afternoon. Any suggestions of things to ask about or check out will be appreciated.

I am test driving a 2015 Itasca 28’ Class C this afternoon. Any suggestions of things to ask about or check out will be appreciated.
Do you plan to tow anything behind it? Check the rating of the hitch. See how it handles. There are known issues with the Ford F53 chassis suspension and steering. You can Google it or read any RV Forum to find out what I'm talking about if you don't know. I don't own one personally but it sounds like some aftermarket suspension work may need to be done to keep them from wandering all over the road. Just make sure you have that in your budget.

Good luck and Welcome from Georgia!

The class C isn’t built on the F53 chassis. The handling of the C class is will be much more predictable than the F53. I would ask for maintenance records and if they look timely then I would look at the dates on the tires and figure on replacing if original. Same for the batteries. I then would focus on the condition of the roof and sealants. Try everything for proper functionality

The class C isn’t built on the F53 chassis. The handling of the C class is will be much more predictable than the F53. I would ask for maintenance records and if they look timely then I would look at the dates on the tires and figure on replacing if original. Same for the batteries. I then would focus on the condition of the roof and sealants. Try everything for proper functionality
Thanks for the correction. I've never owned a Class C but thought I'd read a lot of suspension/handling horror stories about them. Maybe I'm confused? Is the F53 chassis for a gas powered Class A?

Yes the F53 is a gas powered chassis. It is used in RVs for class A motor homes. The class Cs are built on chassis that are basically dually pickups

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back