Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Msdpok

RVF Regular
Ok... lucky enough to own a Thor Freedom Elite! Even though they are the dreaded Thor product, we’ve been lucky fingers crossed no major issues!

Now, we ventured into using the good ole Axerra TV!
So we thought!

Well we hooked up the cable wire!
Turned on the TV
Set it to cable!
Did 10 channel scans!
Pushed the little button in the cupboard 10 times!

AND LOW AND BEHOLD!!! THE POS WON’T WORK! NOTHING BUT A BLACK SCREEN?

So here I am at the mercy of the Thor Forum looking for some help

It's an antenna, why are you selecting cable? Just because you're using a coaxial cable to connect to the antenna doesn't mean you're using the external cable hook up for shore teethering.

I have a Freedom Elite and I love it. I've never seen another with this configuration and it's exactly what we needed.

Why would we be using the rooftop antenna? We were hooked up to the campgrounds cable system! The cable wire was hooked from the power pole outside to the cable in port on the side of the RV....

I apologize. I had never heard of a Axerra tv. Does the tv work on antenna? if it dies, then it's most likely the campgrounds cable box. If not, then it might be a bad connector in the back of the tv or within the coach. Hooking up to a known working tv might help rule out other possibilities

Look for a small signal amplifier box near where you crank up the antenna. It will likely have a small switch (push-button or slide) that turns on the amplifier for when you use the OTA antenna. That amplifier needs to be turned off when using the cable input or it blocks the incoming cable signal.

TJ

we have a Hurricane34j and we have 5 TVs three are Axxera TVs. I found that all the tv cables were loose and not tightened at the factory. this could be your problem.
if you have a booster in your cabinet you need to change it to cable by pushing the button on the front once. It’s either in or out.
Do you get any channels on the outside antenna? If you do you have the booster set to antenna not cable. Push the front button on the booster to change to Cable.

we have a Hurricane34j and we have 5 TVs three are Axxera TVs. I found that all the tv cables were loose and not tightened at the factory. this could be your problem.
if you have a booster in your cabinet you need to change it to cable by pushing the button on the front once. It’s either in or out.
Do you get any channels on the outside antenna? If you do you have the booster set to antenna not cable. Push the front button on the booster to change to Cable. I changed my booster to the:

Winegard RFL-342 Sensar Pro White TV Signal Strength Meter, Find Local Digital Programming Fast and Easy​

Purchased on Amazon. Simple instillation.

Latest resources

Back