Vision
RV Length
Chassis
Chevrolet
Engine
Fulltimer
Yes
Hey there
I get no response at all when I turn on the heater at the thermostat. I checked the fuse. It’s fine, and I see a little spark when reinserting it. The gas works for stove, and water heater.
Can you offer a step by step diagnosis I can use to get it working?
Thanks. 😊

Need a lot more detail for anyone to assist you. RV, heater, thermostat, etc. Start by completing your profile from the link in my signature.

What make and model of heater? Recently, my RV heater had a mud dauber wasp big clump of dirt around the propane burner and spark assembly. My heater would cycle though its various phases of trying to light and then failsafe out. But it was deader than Millard Fillmore . . .

Rick

Much, much more detail. There are fuses in the furnace sometimes, and many factors that will cause your issue. Make, model, are a minimum.

What make and model of heater? Recently, my RV heater had a mud dauber wasp big clump of dirt around the propane burner and spark assembly. My heater would cycle though its various phases of trying to light and then failsafe out. But it was deader than Millard Fillmore . . .

Rick
Hey there. Thx for reply. It’s a Suburban heater in a ‘96 Rexhall Vision 28’. 7.5 amps. Can’t find the model number.

Much, much more detail. There are fuses in the furnace sometimes, and many factors that will cause your issue. Make, model, are a minimum.
Thx. I updated my profile. It’s a ‘96 Rexhall Vision 28’

Need a lot more detail for anyone to assist you. RV, heater, thermostat, etc. Start by completing your profile from the link in my signature.
Thx. I finally updated my profile.

It is not the make and model of the camper but the furnace. Furnaces run on 12v power, not 120ac. There are reset switches buried in the depths, there are fuses also buried. Many times the 12v comes up to the thermostat and up to the AC unit and back down to the furnace. You need to be able to trace the power and figure out where it stops. This requires schematics and knowledge of your make and model number.

Ah. This is more complicated than I thought.

They are a simple device, made complex by engineers and designers. Whenever an AC unit and a heating unit are in the same space they try to idiot proof it. Adds complexity. A thermostat for the AC and one for the furnace would work great..in fact I did that for a guy a few weeks ago. He bought an AC unit not compatible with his thermostat or system. It had its own bluetooth stat so I hooked up his furnace with a simple heat only analog thermostat and told him it was not smart so he had to be.

Latest resources

Back