The Housing Market (2021)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
(
I listed my Porsche 911 yesterday, I have an offer at asking already to come get it tomorrow. Same situation as everything else, Porsche is in a low inventory situation. My asking was 20K over KBB and over all other listings on autotrader for higher level Porsche Carrera's. Pit in my stomach about this but I've tried to sell it before with zero interest, it's a niche item. So it's going to go if this goes through.

Lesson is if I go to sell my coach in the fall I better be prepared for someone to actually buy it, it's not a joke. I'd probably list my 2017 VTDP around $290K+. Same advice as above, better be prepared for what you list to sell and fast so be emotionally and financially ready and ready to give up your coach for a while if you do this. Self!!!
Neal, we live in the crazy bay area housing market. We own our home, plus a couple of others that we rent for part of our retirement income. Over the years, we have watched their values fluctuate greatly, but we just hold the real estate, as when it goes down, it always goes way back up. We have had friends who have cashed out when the market was up, and moved to a less expensive state. If they had held on to their homes here ,in the years since, they would have been worth hundreds of thousands more. It is a tricky thing, but I think you have to decide what would make you happy, along with timing the market, or not timimg the market. Life is short? Judy D

I listed my Porsche 911 yesterday, I have an offer at asking already to come get it tomorrow. Same situation as everything else, Porsche is in a low inventory situation. My asking was 20K over KBB and over all other listings on autotrader for higher level Porsche Carrera's. Pit in my stomach about this but I've tried to sell it before with zero interest, it's a niche item. So it's going to go if this goes through.

Lesson is if I go to sell my coach in the fall I better be prepared for someone to actually buy it, it's not a joke. I'd probably list my 2017 VTDP around $290K+. Same advice as above, better be prepared for what you list to sell and fast so be emotionally and financially ready and ready to give up your coach for a while if you do this. Self!!!

Ummmmmmmmmm…I see a Newell in the future for @Neal. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Ummmmmmmmmm…I see a Newell in the future for @Neal. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Haha. Rest assured as you know the coaches I won’t be buying. May have to just stay with ole trusty.

(

Neal, we live in the crazy bay area housing market. We own our home, plus a couple of others that we rent for part of our retirement income. Over the years, we have watched their values fluctuate greatly, but we just hold the real estate, as when it goes down, it always goes way back up. We have had friends who have cashed out when the market was up, and moved to a less expensive state. If they had held on to their homes here ,in the years since, they would have been worth hundreds of thousands more. It is a tricky thing, but I think you have to decide what would make you happy, along with timing the market, or not timimg the market. Life is short? Judy D
Agree Judy. I was talking with a friend yesterday that we don’t know what the future holds. I sure wish I still owned the last house I sold! :(

The world has gone mad. Perhaps one can sit back, invest in the madness, and be prepared for the bargains when it all come crashing down.

The world has gone mad. Perhaps one can sit back, invest in the madness, and be prepared for the bargains when it all come crashing down.
Have lived in the Bay Area for 45+ years. There have been many ups & downs. In the end, the ups have always out scored the downs. It’s like the stock market, just let it ride and you will be fine. Trying to time buy/sell seldom works in the long run in MHO.

We had a decent home in a country club neighborhood in Austin. Smallest house on the block, lived there 21 years. We were solicited by a young couple who made an obscenely high offer. We have grown to despise what Austin has become - California East, complete with homeless and crazy liberal city council. Yep, we sold that puppy and now we’re shopping for some rural land in north Texas to build on. In the meantime, our Mountain Aire isn’t so bad.

We had a decent home in a country club neighborhood in Austin. Smallest house on the block, lived there 21 years. We were solicited by a young couple who made an obscenely high offer. We have grown to despise what Austin has become - California East, complete with homeless and crazy liberal city council. Yep, we sold that puppy and now we’re shopping for some rural land in north Texas to build on. In the meantime, our Mountain Aire isn’t so bad.
I know the feeling. Austin continues to live up to its slogan, "Keep Austin Weird". I'm embarrassed and ashamed that Austin is the state capital of our great republic.

When we travel I have to continually tell my wife, don't tell people we live near Austin just say we're north of San Antonio.

Latest resources

Back