Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I think I caused this by overstretching the hose while moving my coach to a different spot in my site to get it closer to level but I sprung a leak about 1 inch from the connection to the sanicon. Small hole on the bottom at the crest of one of the ridges. I figured before replacing it I'd try a repair. I first tried putting some 5 minute epoxy in the hole and then wrap with rescue tape, quite frankly I did a bad job so it didn't work. I tried a second time by wrapping two layers of rescue tape and so far it's working. We'll see how it goes, but if you get a leak, don't give up and toss this super expensive hose, try rescue tape or something else to fix a leak.

If you can’t fix it with duct tape or Rescue Tape, you are in a heap of trouble! ;)

TJ

What about Eternabond Tape?

I was thinking of that @Neemer, couldn't remember if it was rescue tape or something else. @J&JD I think rescue tape (or the above stuff) is probably a better fit for pipe leaks used for boating, etc. It stretches and forms a bond to itself essentially. Will see how this works out.

I was thinking of that @Neemer, couldn't remember if it was rescue tape or something else. @J&JD I think rescue tape (or the above stuff) is probably a better fit for pipe leaks used for boating, etc. It stretches and forms a bond to itself essentially. Will see how this works out.
I tried the flex tape, epic fail on our Sanicom hose.

Latest resources

Back