Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I don't know that my last choice of Air Fryer was a good choice. Talking to a friend today that loves theirs sounds like I bought the wrong style. Any opinions on these?

af2.pngaf1.png

Noooooo @Neal no fried food as part of your transformation. Lean meats lots of veggies and minimal sugar. You CAN do it.

Seems I was hacked. I would have never posted anything other than about spinach! Hmm

popeye the sailor man GIF

"AIR FRYER" is just the current "trendy" word for "CONVECTION OVEN". Some are better than others. Read reviews before buying. Price is not an indicator of quality. If you have a convection microwave, you already have an "air fryer". Learning to use a convection oven involves a learning curve and information. The internet is full of how-to's on convection oven cooking. Again, some are better than others. I bought mesh pizza pans and some small shotglass sized metal condiment cups (1.5OZ) to lift the mesh pan up to allow air flow. But this is also not my first convection oven. It's my third. I also didn't like the "air fryer" pan that came with the oven. It really didn't allow a good air flow under the food.

My very first convection oven was a wonder. It was a 1985 Farberware convection oven. I could, and did, cook a 13 pound turkey in it. Browned the skin on the bottom of the turkey and cooked it in 25% less time. Amazing.

This is the one we have. First got it for the house (third air fryer we've owned in last decade or so), and liked it enough to buy another for RV. Like the multi function aspect, but also the counter space saving flip up design.

61o6MM0tmLL._AC_SX679_.jpg

We picked up one of these a while back at Menards.

Amazon.com

Similar model on Amazon.

Like the door and trays instead of the pull out basket.

Fits nicely under the convection oven for storage when traveling.

Works well for the two of us.

Latest resources

Back