jsuprock

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton
RV Length
Hello, Just sold my current Tiffin Allegro and I'm going to buy a 2022 Phaeton 44 OH. I know that some dealers are quite willing to negotiate on price for a New unit ordered with cash down and total cash on financing upon delivery. I need your help finding the dealer that will give me the best deal. It does not matter where they are located, I am in Montana and can fly anywhere to pick it up. If you have actual experience with dealers that were willing to negotiate on price let me know who they are and contact info if you have it. I know delivery times are months away and that is not a problem for me.
Thanks for your information and help.

Johnnie
coffee.png

They were negotiating a lot more a couple years ago. Now? Not so much. There is an extreme shortage of RV's because during the pandemic everybody and their Cousin Eddie bought one. No need to discount when you're selling all you can get from the factory! Hopefully in the next 6 months as the Liberal States start to open up more, the economy will return to normal. Good luck!

They were negotiating a lot more a couple years ago. Now? Not so much. There is an extreme shortage of RV's because during the pandemic everybody and their Cousin Eddie bought one. No need to discount when you're selling all you can get from the factory! Hopefully in the next 6 months as the Liberal States start to open up more, the economy will return to normal. Good luck!
Well I am getting offers of 25% off MSRP but I have heard of 30% + so that is why I am asking. If you have any concrete information please get back to me. If you don't know of any deals better than 25% off MSRP then no need to reply.
John

Well I am getting offers of 25% off MSRP but I have heard of 30% + so that is why I am asking. If you have any concrete information please get back to me. If you don't know of any deals better than 25% off MSRP then no need to reply.
John
Before the pandemic there were dealers with 30% - 35% off MSRP quite regularly. Not now. I'm surprised you're seeing 25% now as short as dealers are on inventory. Be careful. I've read on several forums where people have ordered Coaches with a down payment and the dealer or the factory sold the coach out from under them to someone who was willing to pay more! They always claim it was a paperwork mistake. lol. I have a friend that travels around to the big RV shows and sells RV's. He says they can barely come up with enough RV's fill a booth at the show. Customers are bidding against each other to get every available unit because there just aren't any sitting around right now. He's getting rich from the commissions. Good luck and be patient. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Actually finding several Dealers willing to negotiate. Some offering discounts right up front

Market is strong, but selling another unit is always worthwhile to most dealers and even at 30+% off they are doing just fine on the profit side.

Actually finding several Dealers willing to negotiate. Some offering discounts right up front

Market is strong, but selling another unit is always worthwhile to most dealers and even at 30+% off they are doing just fine on the profit side.
No doubt about that. They could take 40% off and still make 10's of thousands of dollars in profit. I've never seen anything marked up as much as motorhomes except maybe furniture! :oops:

No doubt about that. They could take 40% off and still make 10's of thousands of dollars in profit. I've never seen anything marked up as much as motorhomes except maybe furniture! :oops:
Water.?

Try Sherman RV and also try Stoltzfus RV & Marine in West Chester PA. Get quotes for what you want. Ask for Frank Baylor at Stoltzfus. Davis and Ingram recently have been sold. I heard they are not negotiating on price like they used to. They and Sherman were the BIG 3....!!!! for deals

HH

So this thread has been open for a while. I have negociated a discount of 28% off MSRP at Ingram. Do you think Sherman or Stoltzfus will do better than that? I know a year or two ago people were getting 30% plus off MSRP but I could not get anyone near that discount in todays market place.

Johnnie

It doesn’t hurt to ask. That is better than I got up north pre-COVID.

Latest resources

Back