Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mustbegone

RVF Newbee
Hello all. We are seriously considering a Tiffin Coach as I have heard many good things about their service, and that one issue is worth a lot to us in the decision making process. Now I have heard that Thor has purchased the company and the service department has fell into the cooperate America world of squeezing's every penny from the customers. Would this be a true statement or is Tiffin service still as good as it once was?

Thank you

We were in Red Bay for service on our 2019 Allegro RED 33AA in July. We had a list of about 20 items, including a problem with the leveling system, rust on the entry steps, refrigerator not sufficiently cold, and a 5" crack in the finish. The main reason we came to Tiffin was to be sure the crack was properly repaired (covered under warranty). The quality of the work and cost was outstanding. All of the work was completed quickly and professionally, and the cost was about one-third of what I expected.

Our only issue is that you cannot make an appointment. The only option is to get on the waiting list when you arrive at the repair center. We waited six working days to get the repairs started, which were completed in two days. We then waited another five working days to get into the body shop, where the work took another two days. Tiffin sends out a list of everyone in the queue so you can see your progress to the top of the list. You bring your RV in at 7:00 am and return at 3:00 pm, when the tech will describe the day's work and you then take the RV back for the night. There are lots of small RV parks within a few miles of the repair center. We actually went to Nashville and then Memphis for a few days each while we waited our turn. The wait times vary throughout the calendar year, and we were told that spring has the longest wait times and winter the shortest.

Will the quality slip and cost increase as Tiffin becomes more integrated into the Thor organization? I sure hope not, but that may be wishful thinking.

Latest resources

Back