Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I was at a place last week and they had the new Keurig and I was impressed. So yeah, one is on the way. I really like the option on the top to choose the brew size as I typically do 10oz. Will let you know how it works when it arrives.

Also getting the reusable multi-stream filter doofer:

keurig.png

Got the same one about 6 months ago. There is an issue if you fill your own pods and overfill, your descale light will blink all the time.
Doesn't affect the brewing process. Other than the blinking light, it has worked well.

Yes brew size is important. Some coffees are better stronger. Both my machines have that option. Oddly enough, while desert camping last month I realized we were going to run out of pods before the end of the trip, and I didnt feel like driving 45 miles to get more. Since I used at least 3/day to my wife‘s one, I decided to have a cup of tea one morning to make them last a bit longer. And for some reason that did it - been drinking tea only ever since and my wonderful 50 year coffee habit seems to have ceased to exist. I don’t miss it, and I enjoy tea, but it just seems wrong. On the positive side, tea costs me about .08/cup to the approximately $1 per pod. Still, it just seems odd.

It finally arrived...I got the K-Supreme SMART Plus for the S&B and it arrived yesterday. Price dropped to $160 so I jumped on it, wasn't Prime delivery so it took forever and two days to get here.

I used it today for the first time (twice) and it worked well. I'd like to compare it with my previous one at some point and see if I can notice a difference. One thing I like is that there is no turning this on or off. It's always "on" per se, I guess it heats the water so fast now that it turns on when you raise the lid to insert a pod which is cool.

As I know I'll want to put one in the coach I have this K-Supreme SMART (non plug) coming and should be here tomorrow.

is Keurig still using DRM for their pods? if they are; no thanks. don't want to be forced to purchase their coffee or pay money for the various "tricks" to fool the system.

If you mean validating your pods, yes, I believe so. It's interesting that these new machines actually identify the pod and the manufacturers can specify brewing instructions detected from the pod. But if you use a universal filter and your own coffee then it's moot which is what I do most of the time. Pods are expensive, I prefer my own coffee and also prefer not paying for expensive pods with who knows what yuck is in them.

Pretty bad when the universal k-cup filter is so complicated you have to go to YouTube. And yes, I did my brew this morning wrong, I didn't know to remove the red doofer. I watched a video last night but it didn't address that. I'm sure it's in the manual, it always is, but well, you know...

Watched this and now I'm signing myself off as certified.

I use my Keurig these days for hot water to brew my first cup of tea. Weird….still getting used to the idea of not being a coffee drinker, although I don’t miss it.

I'm learning the new Keurig and haven't been overly thrilled with the brew but as I suspected it's because I like big cups of coffee and there is limited coffee grounds in k-cups and also reusable filters. The new reusable filter doesn't hold as much coffee grounds as my previous version so I have to learn how to make the new machine work for me. I miss my K575 because I can put a lot of coffee grounds in the reusable filter for my typical 10oz brew.

I stumbled upon the video below which confirms my suspicion but educates me on what I need to do such as a k-cup is really only good for a 6oz cup of coffee. Today I used 2 x 6oz brews to make my morning coffee (12 oz obviously) and it's soooo much better. I'm still on the fence but have to move forward and obviously the multi-drip should be better for the brews (5 needles) so I'll likely sell or donate my 2 x K575's.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back