Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I know to use the manufacture plate listing on the drivers side door for recommended tire psi on my truck but for my fiver do I use the psi listed on the sidewall?

Usually, the trailer has a placard on the left side that indicates tire pressure and the size of tires. The number on the sidewall is the MAXIMUM pressure for the rated load which is also stated on the sidewall. I'd go by the numbers on the trailer. This of course presumes one does not overload the trailer.

I know to use the manufacture plate listing on the drivers side door for recommended tire psi on my truck but for my fiver do I use the psi listed on the sidewall
The only times I go by anything stamped on the trailer is when I first get the unit and prior to weighing.

The best method to make sure your psi is perfect is to get loaded "for the road" and get weighed. The perfect situation is to have a 4-corner weight done, but if that isn't practical then just pay the $10 to $12 and run over the scales at any truck stop. After you get all your axle weights then look up your tire manufacturer chart and go by that.

One thing to keep in mind. The max psi rating on the sidewall is for if you are loading the tires to the max rated weight. Definitely get it weighed and go off that.

Now...for me, mine are rated for 105 psi. I run them at 100 psi all the time even when not fully loaded. Underinflated is way more dangerous due to heat build up from excessive sidewall flex at high speeds.

Latest resources

Back