Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Tired of carrying several different wall warts for your electronics??

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joe Hogan

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4311
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
After spending time on a fruitless search for a missing wall charger for my obsolete Uniden marine handheld radio I came across an interesting device on Amazon. A multi purpose adjustable charger. Various tips and voltages to satisfy most any battery type/chemistry. What do you all think?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078LSVVTB/?tag=rvf01-20

How do you keep track of all those ends? I had one of those years ago, Like most connectors keeping a good connection was the problem and I then had two connections to worry about.

I use a wall strip with the warts plugged in all the time. I made a charge station to slide my charging device into a slot, and feed the wires into the back so they are out of the way. My station has 4 slots for the same number of devices.

For the everyday systems, I also have a "charging brick" that has all the common electronics charging cords, Phone, Watch, Handheld HAM radio, etc. But for travelling in the RV, it always seem that I do not to have the "right stuff".
Keeping track of little bits, on the RV I have cases for everything, this would be no different. Many Items I keep in their original packaging if it is well labeled and organized.

Maybe you will have better luck with the one you buy, but made in China I don't think so.

Found another use for Wall Warts...

One of the Panasonic wireless phone chargers died. Looking at the charger I noted its output was 5V 500 mA. Sounds like a USB charger would work for this unit. A few spliced wires later, I found another use for the dozens of USB charges that are sitting in the electronic spares drawer.
Phone is happily charging away....any USB charging port will do:)

Temporary splice to be sure of polarity. Seems to work fine. It is a keeper!
96800DA8-281F-41A2-AE5B-27F5389850B6.jpeg

What on Earth is that thing????

Chinese Dialing GIF

You have to be very organized to remember to change the setting for each device. Knowing me I would be in a hurry and burn something up. Good cocept though.

OLD folks communication device used on planet earth. I think you have to be over 50 to know how to use one.:ROFLMAO:
And, if your friend had too many numbers above 6 in their phone number it was faster to just go see them instead of calling 😀

Latest resources

Back