Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Stopped by Walmart here in Polson today to pick up some RV toilet paper. We like the 2-ply Camco and Marine brand and it usually runs about $5 for a 4-roll packge. None on the shelf; only 1-ply Scott in the narrow roll. We don't care for it, but I bought a 8-roll package for around $6.

Since I had previously ordered our preferred Camco 2-ply from Amazon, I went online there to order some more. The 4-roll package was now just under $16. That's about $4 a roll. Yikes!

Anyone else seeing this kind of TP craziness again? What brands of standard toilet paper are safe for the mascerating Dometic toilets? We use Charming Ultra-Soft at home in the sticks-and-bricks, but I've never tried it in the RV. Anyone tried it in a mascerating toilet? Any other recommendations?

TJ

Yep, same craziness with Charmin Paper Towels! 3 different grocery stores were out.
Amazon price tripled! CRAZY!!

Stopped by Walmart here in Polson today to pick up some RV toilet paper. We like the 2-ply Camco and Marine brand and it usually runs about $5 for a 4-roll packge. None on the shelf; only 1-ply Scott in the narrow roll. We don't care for it, but I bought a 8-roll package for around $6.

Since I had previously ordered our preferred Camco 2-ply from Amazon, I went online there to order some more. The 4-roll package was now just under $16. That's about $4 a roll. Yikes!

Anyone else seeing this kind of TP craziness again? What brands of standard toilet paper are safe for the mascerating Dometic toilets? We use Charming Ultra-Soft at home in the sticks-and-bricks, but I've never tried it in the RV. Anyone tried it in a mascerating toilet? Any other recommendations?

TJ
Been using Charmin Extra Soft in the macerator for a couple of years after reading on line where many were recommending it. Have had no problems. Our local Costco carries it.

Been using Charmin Extra Soft in the macerator for a couple of years after reading on line where many were recommending it. Have had no problems. Our local Costco carries it.
I too "enjoy the go"

I still want to install a bidet seat in our half bath but can’t find one that would fit the Dometic 8700 series. Interestingly enough, the 8500 series has a bidet seat so I called dometic and asked if the seat was compatible with the 8700 and they said nope. Wouldn’t eliminate the need for toilet paper but would greatly reduce it.

We have been using AngelSoft for couple of years. Tested it, and dissolves in water very well. We mail order it from Staples.

Thanks, folks, for the input. I'm going to see if I can find any Charmin Ultrasoft like we use in the S&B and do the dissolve test. If it looks good, we will switch over to it. If it doesn't, we'll try the AngelSoft @Buly suggested.

Being over at our Polson place doesn't give me access to the supply from the S&B, so we need at least a temporary solution for the next month-and-a-half.

TJ

I'm over it, haven't used it since April. It's a gimmick since diapers!

Latest resources

Back