RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
In our 2021 Ventana we have the Dometic Materflush macerator toilets with electronic flush. I changed the settings a couple weeks ago to allow the wave function to add water and to flush. Love the feature. Now here comes the possessed (kidding) part. - the last 2 nights in the middle of the night a toilet flushes all on its own! Has anyone else experienced this & any ideas on a solution? Thanks!

I've heard of this, could be a fly? I think the consensus is people prefer the non waive version due to this.

I converted my dutchstar to the wave.

It is very sensitive to voltage changes. The inverter/charger changing from absorb to float triggered the flush. A fan being turned off triggers a flush.

Many other times it would flush.

Unplugging the cable and plugging back would reset for a while.

Glad to be rid of the wave.

Tried it, hated it, consigned it to the Island of Useless Features.

In our 2021 Ventana we have the Dometic Materflush macerator toilets with electronic flush. I changed the settings a couple weeks ago to allow the wave function to add water and to flush. Love the feature. Now here comes the possessed (kidding) part. - the last 2 nights in the middle of the night a toilet flushes all on its own! Has anyone else experienced this & any ideas on a solution? Thanks!
I had similar issue with my 2020 dometic models, swapped the switch between the baths and the issue followed the switch. I was able to find 2 switches at a marine supply place and changed out the defective one. All has been working fine since, although we don't use the wave feature. I understand from other threads that there is now a physical switch available to replace the "electronic" ones, no personal info on how well they work or how long. I was able to keep mine limping along until the replacements arrived by removing the switch from the wall and unplugging the cat5 cable, then plugging back in. Effectively rebooting the system. Would work for a while then repeat the symptoms. Hope that helps.

Latest resources

Back