Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mike_b42

RVF Regular
I have an older 4winds Majestic from 2004. I just found out that the toilet is broken. I noticed a small crack in the (ceramic) bowl, and when I removed the bowl, the underside flange fell off. I think this must have happened when we took her out last time and had to go over 20 miles of unpaved, partially washboard road. Anyway, the toilet is old and I am not upset about this... Now, this toilet (Dometic model 2011 low profile) has been out of production for a while, so I don't think I can find a direct replacement for the bowl (checked with Dometic, no answer yet), and I was wondering if anybody has a suggestion for that. I am not sure if the flange and mounting is different for different toilets, or if there is some sort of standard. I did check out a number of potential replacements on Amazon (to see the customer ratings). Most have a few percent of negative ratings (leaking, foot pedal not working correctly, customer service bad), and similar numbers for good ratings. I'd appreciate if you could drop a few lines if you have replaced a toilet to help me with my decision...

Another point: what is the opinion about ceramic bowl vs Plastic bowl? I have seen in some comments that the plastic bowls are "flimsy" and "move", but is that really the case? We are not full timers, so the use is "occasional", for perhaps a week or 2 at a time.

I prefer ceramic - solid like home.

I took our plastic Dometic 300 out because it was cracked internally. It allowed waste to accumulate in the base. PEW~ Tossed it in the trash and replaced it with a Dometic 310 which has the porcelain bowl and the soft close seat and lid. Love it. I understand the 320 is nicer........and a few more $$$$.

Bob

I seem to believe the plastic bowl toilets should have a weight rating posted. I can't imagine those being reliable with a 250-pounder plopping down on them. Especially if one is in a rush and hits it with a slide-in move.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back