Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

PNichols

RVF Regular
Ok, I was able to dig the flush seal out of the black tank. However, the toilet is not holding water still with the new seal. Any tips? It just drains around the seal. I should have known something was wrong because the seal I replaced wasn’t that old at all. We are full timers too.

What kind of toilet ? I just re-built a Tetford Aqua-Magic Plus (I think that's what it's called ?). The kit included the "ball" as well, which I think could be your problem (a little nick). The kits are not very pricey and the job is relatively easy. But holding water (as you know) is the most important feature of these toilets. Good luck

What kind of toilet ? I just re-built a Tetford Aqua-Magic Plus (I think that's what it's called ?). The kit included the "ball" as well, which I think could be your problem (a little nick). The kits are not very pricey and the job is relatively easy. But holding water (as you know) is the most important feature of these toilets. Good luck
It’s a Dometic porcelain. Yeah I thought about the ball too but it looks super complicated to get to if I have to replace.

I suggest trying draining the water and spraying the ball with a good silicone spray and working it back and forth. I’ve had that work for me in the past. You need to repeat every couple of weeks.

That's what I thought at first...but other than taking the toilet off and outside (put on a table to work on), it's not difficult. It took me about 20 minutes to do a complete re-build. (Not including the removal and installation of the toilet)

I suggest trying draining the water and spraying the ball with a good silicone spray and working it back and forth. I’ve had that work for me in the past. You need to repeat every couple of weeks.
I will definitely try that first thanks!!!!

My Dometic 300 series wouldn't hold water so I too the seal out and cleaned it. Put it back in and still wouldn't hold water. Gave it a few days and it holds water again and has for quite a while.

Low water pressure is a frequently disregarded cause of the toilet not holding water. The system may be unable to force water into the toilet due to insufficient water line pressure. The water pressure may decrease due to clogs, leaks, and other problems with the plumbing system. Sadly, they also prevent your toilet from holding water.

Dealing with an RV toilet that won't hold water can be a messy and unpleasant situation during your travels. While pouring cooking oil into the toilet and waiting for a few minutes can often provide a quick fix, it may only offer temporary relief. For a more permanent solution, consider replacing the toilet seal.

Latest resources

Back