Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BobMcs

RVF Newbee
I am getting a jeep to tow behind my Class A Diesel. Any suggestions on what to use for the towing package and if I will need a braking system the jeep is the 2 door model

I'm happy with our NSA Ready Brute Elite tow bar package on our Wrangler JLU and our Gladiator JT. It has a braking system built in to the tow bar.

I'm happy with our NSA Ready Brute Elite tow bar package on our Wrangler JLU and our Gladiator JT. It has a braking system built in to the tow bar.
I have this tow bar package and I always have trouble getting the arms to lock. I got so made last time that I swore I would have it replaced before I left on my next trip. But. . . maybe I'm just not hooking it up correctly. What's the secret?

I connect the tow bar to the Jeep, then slowly back the Jeep up until it stops, then rotate the locks into place - I've only had an issue once when the Jeep was at a slight angle and then one side locked but the other side didn't. If I'm careful about making sure the Jeep is square behind the motorhome it usually goes quite smoothly.

I connect the tow bar to the Jeep, then slowly back the Jeep up until it stops, then rotate the locks into place - I've only had an issue once when the Jeep was at a slight angle and then one side locked but the other side didn't. If I'm careful about making sure the Jeep is square behind the motorhome it usually goes quite smoothly.
This sounds like the same approach I use, but I seldom get it to connect correctly without several tries. Thanks for the response!

Latest resources

Back