Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KSEDWARDS68

RVF Newbee
Hi! I am new here and about to buy my first RV, a wolf pup. I have a 2013 Ford Escape Titanium. I have read some Ford forums and they said it can be towed easily as its under 3000lbs. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Are there issues with the Fords transmission pulling this weight?

Check your owners manual, a quick search showed 2000 lbs. max towing capacity.

I've got an escape platinum, I wouldn't even think of towing, it struggles up steep grades alone

I'm guessing the 3000 lbs stated weight is unloaded vehicle weight? That value is worthless in determining the weight of the trailer fully optioned and loaded for use. You need to be using GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) which, according to Forest River is 5493 lbs. on their lightest trailer. GVWR is the most that trailer can weigh fully loaded. And you will fully load it.

No way is any Escape going to tow that safely.

I did. I have the ecoboost 2.0l so with Class II tow package it can handle up to 3500 lbs. However, after a little more search and VIN verification, the Wolf Pup is a Cherokee and is almost 4000lbs. So my question has been answered...big fat NO LOL looks like I'm trading in for a truck

I did. I have the ecoboost 2.0l so with Class II tow package it can handle up to 3500 lbs. However, after a little more search and VIN verification, the Wolf Pup is a Cherokee and is almost 4000lbs. So my question has been answered...big fat NO LOL looks like I'm trading in for a truck
When shopping for a truck, all the same terms apply; GVWR, GAWR, payload, hitch weight, how much does the truck weigh fully loaded with your stuff and occupants? If you don't have these terms and concepts learned, then you need to learn them and how they interrelate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back