Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

kimberlya2001

RVF Newbee
I have a 2023 Chevy Silverado and buying a 5th wheel. I need to know if this truck will pull it. So, confused :(

Attachments

• 5th wheel specs.png
    5th wheel specs.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 48
  • truck weight.jpg
    truck weight.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 48
Here is an easy-to-use calculator that will show you the 20% and 25% using the weight off of the door tag you posted. Most of the standard floor plan with the rear living room and front bedroom will run about 22 to 23% loaded and ready to camp. The 2760 pin weight is unloaded and as you load a 5er it will gain pin weight. You are going to be close and will really be careful loading to stay under the GVWR of your truck. I punched in random numbers so you can put your numbers in there. I would look for a smaller 5er like a Grand Design Reflection 337 or something in the 35 foot range.

Here is an easy-to-use a calculator that will show you the 20% and 25% using the weight off of the door tag you posted. Most the standard floor plan with the rear living room and front bedroom will run about 22 to 23% loaded ready to camp. The 2760 pin weight in unloaded and as you load a 5er it will gain pin weight. You are going to be close and will really be careful loading to stay under your GVWR of your truck. I punched in random numbers so you can put your numbers in there.
Thank you.

Not a chance. The dry tongue weight of the trailer is already over the max tongue weight your truck can handle...

I see people doing it all the time.I wouldn't. I traded a truck rated like yours for a dually to pull a fifth wheel with close to your weights.

If the numbers I am looking at are right….no. You need a lighter tongue weight or in the fifth wheel world, pin weight that is lower. Remember, that tongue/pin weight of the RV hardly ever will be the number claimed. It usually is a bit more by the time you load some items both in the RV and the underbelly.

Latest resources

Back