Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Disney nut

RVF Newbee
Hi I have a 2015 Winnebago 35f with Ford v10.
I have flat towed my wrangler for many years but now would also like to take our golf cart. Any suggestions? I only have 5000 lb to work with. I would love to keep my Jeep but open to changing vehicles if I could get it to work. Thanks

How much does the golf cart weigh? And, the jeep? That info would help to formulate some suggestions.

TJ

That only leaves 700# cushion for a solution; likely not enough for a trailer to load both vehicles in/on. I don't think the Winnie on the Ford chassis is not hefty enough to support an attached lift platform, but there are some platforms that qualify as being a part of the chassis that also have wheels to support the bulk of the load. This allows towing another vehicle behind. Take a look below.

Not sure this will work with the Ford chassis, but it might be worth a look.

Otherside, I don't have any workable solutions in mind at the moment.

TJ

Thanks TJ. I was looking at that swivel wheel but did not know how safe it would be or legal flat towing the Jeep with the swivel wheel behind the Jeep? Thanks

Last summer, we were parked next to a fellow who had one. He claimed that they were considered as an integral part of the motorhome and were legal in all 50 states. As I recall, he was towing a small pickup behind it. I can't vouch for the legality information, but I would guess that the manufacturer could provide it. Looks like the two-wheel version will support up to 1,200 pounds, so if your golf cart weighs less than that, it could work.

Good luck.

TJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back