Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jpmi

RVF Newbee
I'm looking to replace my 33 ft Newmar NewAire with a Breeze (2020 or newer). Has anyone had issues towing with a Breeze where you get tail wagging? I pulled a 4900 lb vehicle with the NewAire which was a handful around curves. Several Newmar dealers acknowledged the issue and stated Newmar added 2 feet to the NewAire to solve the problem. I don't want the same handling issues again. The Breeze is considerably lighter in the rear than a NewAire, which I hope alleviates the problem.

We currently have the 31 Breeze (2017) and tow either a Ford Fiesta or a Chevy Colorado and have no issues with tail wagging. The Colorado is a bit too heavy but we have crossed the Rockies several times with it in tow.

The 2020, and newer Breeze has the larger Cummins engine than earlier models (340 HP), and the Allison 2500 transmission, so towing is limited to 5000 pounds. Like ANewBreeze said, the Colorado is a tad on the heavy side and I'd be concerned about the transmission holding up, long term, but it is doable if you watch the overall weight.

Thanks for your replies. I continue my search for a new generation Breeze. I like the concept of a small DP.

I tow a Ford Ranger with my 2021 Breeze . No problems but it is all my Breeze wants on up hills . I will , when on long mountain uphill tows , disconnect and let my commander ( wife ) follow . No swaying or braking issues with Patriot 3 brake system .

Latest resources

Back