Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Pdg

RVF Newbee
2011 6 cyl. Subaru Outback to tow a 2016 forest river Rockwood Aframe pop up A214HW. Any advise on that. Trailer is 2700 dry unloaded, 352lb hitch weight. Car manual lists 3000lb and 200 tongue weight.

I don't like those numbers!!!! 10% of 3000 lbs is 300 lbs. if the hitch won't take more than 200lbs then the tow weight should read 2000lbs. Anything under 10% toung weight is asking for the " tail wagging the dog" effect and is dangerous.

I don't like those numbers!!!! 10% of 3000 lbs is 300 lbs. if the hitch won't take more than 200lbs then the tow weight should read 2000lbs. Anything under 10% toung weight is asking for the " tail wagging the dog" effect and is dangerous.
Have to convince the betterhalf that the Subaru isn’t up to the task.

Kevin is spot on! The numbers don't look good to me either.

TJ

Last edited:
Have to convince the betterhalf that the Subaru isn’t up to the task.
Just one thought. the suspension is the problem. An equalizer hitch would make the toung weight problem go away.

And if you haven't put the hitch on the Subaru yet be ready for an expensive upgrade to the tune of at least $500

Latest resources

Back