RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Looking into TPMS - looking into EEZ-Tire. Seems to meet our needs, but looking for advice. Thanks!

I hear great things about EEZ - I think @TJ&LadyDi use it. I personally chose TSTTruck.com and really like it. I'm not a fan of flow thru sensors which I originally went with so I do not recommend those as they are heavier and can cause flex on the inflation valves.

Eez Tire x2. Great system. The charge lasts a long time more than 8 hours or longer before a recharge of the display unit. You can buy replacement sensors on Amazon (if ever needed) and batteries are easy to find and change.

Yes, as @Neal posted, we do use the EezTire TPMS system and like it very much. There are other good units as well, I'm sure.

We felt the EezTire offered the best cost/benefit package. As @sheridany noted, additional/replacement EezTire sensors are readily available through Amazon and are slightly less expensive than TST sensors. Overall, I think a 10-sensor (coach with tag plus towed vehicle) EezTire system is also a bit les expensive, but probably not by enough to make a definitive difference.

Either system is a good performer and is an excellent safety tool. We won't leave home without it!

And, as @Neal also said, we are not fans of the flow-through sensors either.

TJ

I also have the EEZTire TPMS. I have the booster installed in the half bath of the our 45' MH. You will likely need it for your 40' coach. Without it I cannot receive data from all of the rear sensors, and definitely not the toad. I installed a 2 port USB power plug in the A pillar so that I have power right where its needed. I've had it for 3 years now and I'm still using the original batteries (although I have replacement batteries on hand for when they die). No issues whatsoever. Once I got familiar with the coach's tire's operating pressure/temperatures, I updated the alarm values, so now I only get false positives when the ambient temperature has risen from my last travel day and thus the tire pressure has risen and I was too lazy to let some air out before traveling. I have the alarm values set pretty close to the normal operating range. I could avoid this by setting a larger range, but I actually prefer it beeping at me to force me to adjust the tire pressure.

I had my start with a gasser class A. Therefore, for an auxiliary toad braking system, I was restricted to self-contained braking units that do not use air from the towing vehicle for toad braking. I chose an RVi Brake. Soon after I got the brake, they introduced their Tire Patrol, which is a TPMS that integrates into their tablet for the brake, so toad braking and TPMS on one tablet. As with many new technologies, there were some glitches with the new TPMS, but they seem to have them worked out now.

I have since changed to a diesel powered coach, that has air brakes, but since I was satisfied with the RVi systems, I stayed with them. I'm still satisfied.

@Wrl1605 I encourage you in every way to invest in a TPMS. I can only dream that all vehicles will become equipped with them in the future.

I have used TST tpms for years...I do use the flow thru sensors.

Safe travels.

Certainly a variety of suggestions for most of the major manufacturers.

We began as full timers in 2011 with an initial TST system. Started with 4 flow through sensors. Through the years (and different RVs) we added the smaller button sensors and a couple years ago upgraded to the newer stand-alone TST larger color monitor. Up until last year I was running 12 sensors due to towing an enclosed trailer. Now I am back to only 10. I still have the original flow through sensors after 9 years and they work great also.

My stand-alone monitor can hold a charge for up to 4 traveling days. I change batteries in my sensors every 12 to 18 months. If I wasn't full time I am guessing the sensor batteries would last over 2 years easy. I have been in campgrounds where my tow dolly had to be parked in a separate location 50 to 100 yards away from my coach. My TST monitor would still pick up the tire sensors on the dolly even at that distance, which is pretty amazing reception IMHO.

I suspect most of the major manufacturers are pretty good quality anymore. I want a system that gives me psi and temperature of each tire, has 100% excellent reception, and has an alarm that is loud. TST gives me all of that and more.

Latest resources

Back