Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Opinion please. I know I need a tpms but which one. I could spend, about, $500.00 for one needing, a cap on the valve stem, install it myself, regular charging and adding a monitor to my dash area. Or I could spend, about, $800.00+ to get the Ford accessory Dealership installed with it showing in my odometer area.

I would say go with Ford for a clean installation, but does their system show tire temp? Does it have alarms you can set for high or low tire pressure? Is it expandable for a toad? Can you add a repeater if it is expandable. How many tires can it monitor?

Thats what you get with an after market system and for less $$. I use this one: https://eezrvproducts.com/shop/ols/products/tpms6fcb-e618-color-monitor-plus-6-ft-sensors-plus-booster-real-time-slash-24-x-7-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-w-slash-3-year-warranty I stuck it on my dash with VHB tape in an out-of-the-way location but readily visible. $350. Perfectly satisfactory.

I have valve stem mounted sensors and while they may not report tire temp as accurately as internal sensors, for pressure they are fine, and really what you want is an early warning when something is changing.

Having a 2019 HD Ford I'm sure there is already an internal sensor in your wheels. It probably doesn't show any information but it certainly would throw a code on the dash if you lost air pressure.

You didn't say if you had a TPMS on your towable or not. That is where you need to be able to read changing psi and temps. My suggestion would be to check out a TST brand system for the RV and rely on your Ford OEM system for the truck.

Latest resources

Back