TPS Monitors

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm in the market for a TPS unit so I can keep an eye on my tire pressures and temps. We recently had a tire blow out on our Jeep Grand Cherokee while we were towing it. The tire was almost 60' behind us so I didn't hear it or feel it. I was even watching it in my back up camera that stays on all the time. The Blue Ox flat tow bar kept the Grand Cherokee as straight as an arrow. So I dragged the Jeep ON THE RIM for several miles until some girls pulled up beside me and said "mister, you don't have a tire back there!!". ? Some really nice guys saw we were having trouble and stopped to help me change the tire. I have 22" wheels/tires on the Grand Cherokee so I was REALLY glad that Jeep gave us a full size 18" spare!!! A doughnut spare was not going to work with the other 3 wheels/tires. :ROFLMAO: The insurance settlement was for almost $2500. That tire did some real damage before it completely left the wheel. I think a TPS unit would have saved most of the damage. Let me know what brand you have and why you like it or what you DON'T like about it. Thanks!
IMG_1120 (002).jpg
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
IMG_0434 (002).jpg

There are several systems available, but I think "TST" has the best system overall. Very accurate, replaceable sensor batteries, color momitor, tire pressure & tire temps too.
I would not not recommend the RVi "TPS" system, as I went through two sets of sensors & was never able to get them to link up & stay linked. Still have a brand new set that I cannot use!
EEZ is another, & there are several others.
I'm sure other members can provide input as to other brands!
Good Luck, & a "TPS" probably would have reduced the damage & given you early feedback, before being completely flat, unless it blew out. And it still would have given you a warning!

I use the PressurePro Pulse FX and love it. Have sensors on all 8 wheels plus the TOAD. Gives me readings on pressure and temp via an app on my iPhone and sends push notifications to my phone which I keep in a holder on the dash if there is an issue. Super easy to use and set up. Your smartphone is your screen.

TST for 10 years now. No problems. I’m sure other systems are just as good but I’m really happy with TST.

Sorry you had the tire failure experience, hopefully others will learn the importance of TPMS. Brand that you choose can be a personal decision as I think all are effective. TST & Tire Minder are probably the most common, I have Tire Tracker. There does seem to be a consensus that the flow thru sensors can be problematic.

Good luck with your search and safe travels.

TST fan here. Outstanding customer service and no issues in 3 years.

EEZ Tire fan checking in! We've used this system for several years and it has been flawless. Easy to set up and use.

TJ

Thanks for all the responses. ?(y)

I use the PressurePro Pulse FX and love it. Have sensors on all 8 wheels plus the TOAD. Gives me readings on pressure and temp via an app on my iPhone and sends push notifications to my phone which I keep in a holder on the dash if there is an issue. Super easy to use and set up. Your smartphone is your screen.

@MapNerd, i was interested in the PressurePro solution, so I called them, and was told you need to run a coax antenna under the MH that goes up to the dash to connect to their head unit/controller type thingy? Makes it sound like more trouble to install then the TST unit. (running a wire underneath up into the dash area etc..). I'm not that handy and feel i could handle the TST install (just install their repeater in the coach battery area). What was your experience with the install?

x2 on EEZ. Have had it for 3 years with no issues.

Latest resources

Back