RV Model
Freedom Express 25SE
RV Length
28 ft total
TOW/TOAD
2020 Toyota Tundra
Fulltimer
No
I can't remember if I've mentioned it on here but my trailer was side swiped by a dunk driver about 9 or 10 months ago. It's currently in the shop for repairs and they asked me to go by yesterday to take a look at the current condition and give them direction on the repair.

The only outstanding area of concern is one tiny crease in the outer layer of plastic on the wall of the trailer. It's only noticeable if you know exactly where it is and either look right down the side of the trailer at it or run your fingers over it.

Is it worth it to get them to fix this properly or is how we've left it "good enough"?

My initial thought was that the drunk driver's insurance should make us whole and thus they should repair it to a like-new condition since that's what the trailer was in before the collision.

However, it sounds like the only possible fix at this point would be to cut out the creased piece of plastic and the plywood behind it and try to patch in a piece. Aside from the challenge in making that match and look good, that would then leave me with 3 or 4 extra seams in the side of the trailer (depending where they make the cut) that could then leak.

What are your thoughts on which option would be preferable? Thanks in advance.

An impaired driver drove into one of my rentals a couple of years back. I took the "good enough" route to get the whole affair over with. The insurance company was fair enough, well, as fair as an insurance company is ever going to be anyway, and they wrote a check that was accommodating.

In your case, the Carfax report is always going to be there, and that's what would concern me the most. But nothing can be done about that. And when the time comes to sell, will that Carfax report be the cause for a lower trade in value? Maybe/maybe not. But it might, and if possible, you should see about getting some compensation now, instead of eating it later.

Just my two cents. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back