Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
So my sister has been using a mobley, actual mobley, for a few years. I really need to get her into a peplink that will connect to home wifi automatically (wifi-wan) when she's parked at home, and use her Mobley and Verizon prepaid when on the road.

What do I need to do to get her mobley sim into a router, since I'm sure she has the firmware update that adds a PUK lock code or whatever that is.

Might just give her my Max Transit duo after I get a BR2 (if I pull the trigger on that).

I can't remember the process, try googling it, but you need to get the Mobley SIM to make you set a PIN code. You will need your PUK codes. I think the process is take the sim out and put it in another device, that device will try to connect and fail. Try once or maybe twice then put the sim back in the Mobley. You'll probably be asked for a PUK code and then assign a PIN. Once you know that you can put the SIM in any device and set the PIN code. I think if you have 10 failures such as from an improper PIN it may permanently lock out the SIM, not sure. If you get to 6 or so tries such as in a pepwave, stop, put it back in the mobley, enter the PIN etc. and let it connect. That will reset the counter. It's like a failed login system, X tries and then lockout.

Latest resources

Back