RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
Stay out of Phoenix AZ. The coliseum is along I-10 west of downtown Phoenix where the audit is taking place. The BLM and antifa are moving in and the area should be avoided in your travel this summer.

What audit? IRS set up out there? Since when is the Bureau Of Land Management and ANTIFA joined up?

I see you moved this. I would like to remind you there are Travelers that read this forum that should also get this important information

I see you moved this. I would like to remind you there are Travelers that read this forum that should also get this important information
It's been moved again to the Trip Planning forum. If this triggers any heat related to politics, election, etc. it's going private or going away.

Thank you for the heads up to help others learn of hot zones for potential rioter type activity. Let's keep this thread as just that, an advisory for the Phoenix area as I also adjusted the title to be less nebulous and that this warning is for the Phoenix area.

Thank you for the heads up. It was only a matter of time before the desperate to stop the audit people got riots involved. Hopefully AZ is not like the rest of these places that lets their cities burn down while the police are ordered to "give them space" like in Baltimore. Do you have to stop for protestors blocking HWYs and other non-pedestrian roadways in AZ? I'm a combat vet and I wouldn't stop for kids overseas because of the IEDs and Ambushes I certainly won't be stopped for a mob that's known for violence and chaos. Best to avoid the area of course that's the safest way to deal with unrest.

As we travel this summer, we are planning to use the same caution we did last year. No trips thru large cities with the RV. Sticking to good old rural USA.

Sad that trip planning in the USA is like trip planning in a Banana Republic...................................
Only in very small portions of the country. We are going to be traveling from Texas thru Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Washington, and Montana. The most direct routes are thru major cities, which even when there is no concern for "bad actors" the travel is less than desirable. I really detest driving a large bus towing thru a major rush hour traffic.

The scenic routes offer much better views. In addition, the scenic routes allow my stress level to remain low, so that I am enjoyable to be around.

When trip planning for RV travels, very rarely do you need the fastest, most direct route. Enjoy the journey!

Only in very small portions of the country. We are going to be traveling from Texas thru Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Washington, and Montana. The most direct routes are thru major cities, which even when there is no concern for "bad actors" the travel is less than desirable. I really detest driving a large bus towing thru a major rush hour traffic.

The scenic routes offer much better views. In addition, the scenic routes allow my stress level to remain low, so that I am enjoyable to be around.

When trip planning for RV travels, very rarely do you need the fastest, most direct route. Enjoy the journey!
Absolutely. Hit those country roads, I need to avoid traffic and stress as well when traveling. I mostly drive over nights and sleep during the day. Sucks whenever I have to get up to do something before 10am but I like the 1300-0420 sleep pattern. It puts me on an overlap of most peoples schedules but I tend to be less stressed in dealing with others during those times.

Latest resources

Back