RV Year
RV Make
Roadtrek Zion SRT
RV Length
Chassis
Dodge Promaster 3500
Fulltimer
No
I have a new 2021 Roadtrek Zion SRT Built on a Dodge 3500 Promaster. It has given me and the Dodge repairmen fits. About 10 to 20 percent of the time when I try to start it, it doesn't recognize the key and shuts down after 2 seconds. It will do that 3 times and then the 4th time it won't even crank . This started happening when it had only 800 miles on it and now it only has 4000 miles on it. We think it is getting interference from our cell phones because usually if we shut our phones off and wait a few minutes it will start and run. This sometimes happens at a gas station after filling up it won't run and is very embarrassing to have to tell the person behind us waiting in line that they will have to back up and go to a different pump.
I took it in to our local Dodge dealer and they said it showed a code that meant it wasn't recognizing our keys so they reflashed the computer and thought it was fixed BUT a few days later it started doing the same thing again. It is now back in for service and I sure hope they can solve this problem because we love the RV but just can't live with the uncertainty of weather it will leave us stranded or not.

In case anybody is wondering about my starting problem. My 2021 Dodge Promaster Roadtrek is back in the shop for the 3rd time and they can't seem t find the reason for the system not recognizing the key and not starting. They just keep reflashing the computer thinking that that would correct it.
ALSO it was out of line from the factory and pulled to the left. They lined it up and within 50 miles it goes out of line again . It's the 3rd time for that problem also. I have a trip planed soon and don't know weather to trust it for the trip or not. Not a nice result for spending $125,000 an a new RV.

In case anybody is wondering about my starting problem. My 2021 Dodge Promaster Roadtrek is back in the shop for the 3rd time and they can't seem t find the reason for the system not recognizing the key and not starting. They just keep reflashing the computer thinking that that would correct it.
ALSO it was out of line from the factory and pulled to the left. They lined it up and within 50 miles it goes out of line again . It's the 3rd time for that problem also. I have a trip planed soon and don't know weather to trust it for the trip or not. Not a nice result for spending $125,000 an a new RV.
I now have had my 5 month old Promaster Roadtrek back to the local Dodge dealer 4 times to correct the problem with it not recognizing the key. They tried giving me new key fobs but it did not correct the problem also it won't stay in line , pulls to the left. They said it came from the factory that way and lined it up 4 different times over the last 4 months but it still pulls to the left. The dealer gave up on it and said they could not fix it. The Dodge Cares site messaged me and wants me to make another appointment to have it lined up and to look into the key problem so they can open a case for me to proceed with a Lemon Law buy back if they can't fix it. I also have had one of the Lithium batteries go bad and it cooked the Inverter converter so it won't work on shore power. It's been at the Roadtrek dealers , where I bought it new ,for the last 24 days and they have not even looked at it yet. What a wonderful way to spend $125,000 for a new Class B Zion and not have anything but trouble to show for it. Needless to say I am not a happy camper.

Latest resources

Back