• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Tuners?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Has anyone used a tuner such as hypertech to improve performance or efficiency on their v10
Good morning, I have a 5 Star tuner and bought a software program from 5 Star and I am very pleased with the results. The most noticeable change is in the shift points. Might be a slight loss in MPG but still happy with the engine/transmission marriage. Hope this helps some...

I installed the "Ford Ultratune" from Brazel's Ultra RV in my 2020 Newmar with a V-10!
There was a significant improvement in acceleration, improved shifting (upshift & downshift). It also seemed to help the shifting in "Tow/Haul" mode, which I use exclusively; due to the engine braking!
I would suggest that in most instances, it would be a worthwhile improvement to the V-10.
Here's a link: www.ultrarv.com

How a tuner performs in a V10 is pretty much a "who you talk to" proposition. The general consensus had been that the V10's prior to having the 6 speed transmission did see a noticeable improvement in overall performance and shifting. It seems the later V10's with the 6 speed did not see as much, if any overall improvements. I am surprised that the new engine / transmission of the 7.3L needs a tuner, though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back