Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
IMG_4410.png

Last year we got a bid for the gate at the front of the driveway. It was 7K. I was shocked as I had only budgeted 3K for the job . So I told him NO!

And a year later, knowing I still needed a gate, I called another company and asked for a bid. Theirs was 11K :eek: I'm like, WTH??? Told him I appreciate the bid but the price was out of my budget.

Called the first guy back and asked him to redo the bid and let me know where we were at. He took so long that I decided to go with the (outrageous) bid of $11K

The fellow told me that iron has gone up and now the bid was 13K. :eek::eek::eek: So here we are, waiting on the delivery/setup/installation of our new, $13K gate.

If I wait any longer, I'll be looking at a $15K gate. Lord help me. . .

Last edited:
That pic is kind of funny though, amazing what people will spend their money on. Hope a decent fence is in their future!

Id like to know what the sign says.

That pic is kind of funny though, amazing what people will spend their money on. Hope a decent fence is in their future!
In our case, we want our guests at our RV Park to feel safe and secure, and a gated community is part of that. Kind of thinking that it might be more cost affective to put some snipers up on the hill instead . . . :)

Forget snipers. Drones with missiles are available. Imagine the fun @Jim and @Neal would have.

Soldier Send GIF by U.S. Army

Latest resources

Back