Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jebbie

RVF Newbee
Just ordered a Rockwood signature 2622rk. Turning point pin box standard.
So confused on do I use the pin box with the wedge. Or do I get a sliding hitch. Never towed a fifth wheel before.
Help feel like I should use the pin box since it's on the rig.
TV is a 2022 Ram 2500. I will need rails. Looking at the B&W patriot either slider or non if I use pin box.
Thank you.

If you want to use the Turning Point you need to get the correct wedge for your hitch, otherwise you won't like it. I take it you have a short box truck? A slider may be a good idea if you want a pin box that doesn't swivel. A lot of the newer fivers will work on short bed trucks without a slider due to the corners being more rounded.

If you want to use the Turning Point you need to get the correct wedge for your hitch, otherwise you won't like it. I take it you have a short box truck? A slider may be a good idea if you want a pin box that doesn't swivel. A lot of the newer fivers will work on short bed trucks without a slider due to the corners being more rounded.
That's what I thought about rounded corners. I'm not sure I want to use the pin box. I think maybe the slider is better for the once or twice might be needed. Pin box staying in use all the time is why I was asking. For some reason that set up is bothering me but I'm new to the fifth wheel game. So I'm very unsure of the best thing to do. Thanks for responding.

Latest resources

Back