• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

2004CSOTP

RVF Newbee
Hello all,

I have a 2022 Wolf Pup. It has a TV mount on an inside wall and the same mount on the outside. The purpose is to be able to just slide the TV onto the mount and be able to move it inside or out. The on on the inside was merely screwed into the wall with six screws. There were no wall anchors and it wasn't mounted where a stud was. Well, the first time I moved the RV I found the TV on the floor. The mount came out of the wall leaving six neat screw holes. Since the screw holes are already there, I was thinking of using wall anchors. The TV is not large. It's only 24 inches on an articulating mount that would be flush against the wall. Does anybody know if the wall is strong enough for this? The TV weight 6 pounds. I don't know what the mount weighs, but it certainly doesn't weigh more than the TV. Thanks for your help all.

I think if you can find an anchor bolt or something that will go securely into the holes that would be best. Give it a good pull test. If under warranty check with your dealer/factory.

It should work but molly bolts would be better than expansion type anchors if they will work in this application.

If it were me, I would stain a I wood across the area where to want to mount the tv 1x(something wider than the height of the tv bracket), that extendsfrom stud to stud. Bolt that into the studs. Nowe you have something solid to mount the tv bracket to. The wood that sticks out beyond the tv gives you a place to put hooks to hang hats, keys, pictures, etc.

Latest resources

Back