Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

FreedomExpress35

RVF Newbee
We are tv watchers at night in our RV, however we have a horrible time with reception. We have the booster on & scan after we we get set up but those two things never help very much. Considering purchasing something to improve this situation but would like some feedback on what works well & doesn’t cost a small fortune. Look forward to hearing your suggestions. Thank to everyone for their input in advance.

@FreedomExpress35 You didn't mention what antenna or what type of RV you have. In my case had the Winegard Sensar IV and the SensarPro TV Signal Strength Meter / Amp on top of my Class A coach (i.e. the antenna is ~15' off the ground with no roof obstructions when extended). I also use the Antenna Point app to align the antenna once were are set up. This equipment has performed well for me, regularly pulling in stations that are ~35mi away and at times farther. I have a Televes DigiNova Boss at my S&B ~ 15' in the air and it pulls in stations that are ~50mi away with no problem. The best antenna in the world won't help if the cable is damaged or has poor connections. Depending on your set up you may be able to troubleshoot the cable by simply running another cable directly from the antenna to the TV to see if that helps.

Latest resources

Back