Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fixit if I can

RVF Newbee
Just ask this question with no details. 2014 Dynamax Dynastar 32XL. Installed lithium batteries and solar. Soft start on AC units. Would like to run unit while traveling from invertor. How is the best way to put AC Units on invertor circuit. They are only on shore and generator power currently.

Your breaker panel has two sections - one for shore and generator only, and one for stuff powered by the inverter. Your air conditioners are on the shore/gen side. Its a simple enough process to switch them over but if you don’t have sufficient experience with electrical wiring, have an electrician do it. Its a small job so it shouldn’t cost much.

If the combination of your inverter, solar, and lithium bank cant keep up with an air conditioner you’ll find out soon enough. I did this running one 15k btu AC with a 3kw 24v Victron inverter and a fairly large Li-ion bank - 2/3 of a Nissan Leaf battery. I don’t know about your battery bank, but that and your inverter and solar capacity will be the limiting factors.

Just ask this question with no details. 2014 Dynamax Dynastar 32XL. Installed lithium batteries and solar. Soft start on AC units. Would like to run unit while traveling from invertor. How is the best way to put AC Units on invertor circuit. They are only on shore and generator power currently.
Rich is correct a Mundo. You will need very large battery and solar capacity . I believe in your case no Bueno.You can’t run an AC unit on batteries and or solar. The elect kick over which require too much power so only the generator or shore power can handled that quick demand needed. . I’ve ran my generator while traveling just to use the air conditioner it no problem.😎

It can be done with about $14,000 dollars in Lithium. and over 3000 watts of solar. About $30,000 dollars installed a year ago. Wish the people had came to this forum like I asked them to. We could ask how it worked.

We run our generator to utilize the roof mount AC when needed. We close the doors between the front living area and the bathroom as well as the doors between the bathroom and the bedroom. We do this whenever we travel whether or not we are using the house AC. This is a huge help to control the heat even using just chassis HVAC system.

The simple way to tie an inverter into the circuit is with a grid tie inverter. It is designed with transfer switch circuitry.

But as stated by others above, running AC is very costly to not destroy your battery bank.

We run our generator to utilize the roof mount AC when needed. We close the doors between the front living area and the bathroom as well as the doors between the bathroom and the bedroom. We do this whenever we travel whether or not we are using the house AC. This is a huge help to control the heat even using just chassis HVAC system.
We zoned ours as well, but went a bit further and ceramic tinted the front side windows and tinted the top 2ft and bottom 10” of the windshield. We no longer have to run the roof AC when traveling. Fl, Al, Ga, Tn area anyway. Also painted the roof with a UV reflective white rubberized paint to deflect about 75% of the heat. Pic below shows the tint.

Attachments

• IMG_2020-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_2020-compressed.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 3
It can be done with about $14,000 dollars in Lithium. and over 3000 watts of solar. About $30,000 dollars installed a year ago. Wish the people had came to this forum like I asked them to. We could ask how it worked.
Money can buy you happiness just not love

Latest resources

Back