Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

theleeb

RVF Newbee
Hi folks - I've never owned an RV. Nearing retirement and me and my wife are interested in checking out locations both familiar and unfamiliar without the hotel experience (but not always!). :)
At the moment, although we can see how comfy and accommodating the large RVs probably are, we are leaning toward the tiny/small trailers to pull with a Toyota Tundra.

This New Member forum is literally my first stop...hoping there is a forum on small trailers.

We live in the Washington DC area and are willing to travel a ways...haven't really plotted out a road trip plan yet.

See you around!:sneaky:

Tom

Welcome @theleeb, I was in the same shoes a few years ago. Great community of great people that will help you with any questions you may have. Welcome to a great experience ahead.

Live in Washington DC?? Retiring??? President Trump is that you????!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi Theleeb,
My wife and I are also new to the forum. We were in your shoes also. We built a 6X12 camper out of a brand new cargo trailer. It had everything, kitchen, shower, fold up bunks, tv with theater sound, and on and on. Being in my 70's the cramped quarters were very uncomfortable for me and hanging out inside the rv left a lot to be desired. After 1 year I stopped going which made my wife very unhappy as she loves to travel. We finally decided to purchase a full size RV. We had a limited budget and did not want to do a loan and have payments. After a year of looking we finally found a pre owned older RV in pristine shape and could not be happier. I am now very happy to spend time traveling and relaxing. In my opinion get the most you can afford. Of course that is just my opinion. here is a picture of how cozy you can be in a larger RV IMG_2777[1].JPG

Welcome to RVF, @theleeb; glad to have you join us here. We were all brand new at some point and, for some of us, that was, at least, a century ago. ;) There are lots of experienced RVers here that have owned everything from a tiny teardrop trailer to a BIG motorhome...and, everything in between.

Since you plan to tow with a smaller vehicle, please do your homework on what your Tundra is rated to tow and try to stay within 80% of the maximum rating. That give you some "cushion."

There are lightweight trailers out there that can be safely towed by a Tundra, but don't depend on a trailer salesman to give you sound guidance on which one. They are in the trailer selling business, not the trailer towing education business. :rolleyes:

When you have questions that need answers, there are lots of experienced RVers here to provide answers.

TJ

Welcome aboard!

Latest resources

Back