Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I have not driven through Utah but this is scary stuff when the wind is really blowing. I would get off the highway and wait it out before proceeding further.

We have encountered 70 mph crosswinds in Wyoming on two occasions. Had there been a safe, sheltered area to pull off, we would have done so. There were none, so we kept our speed down and muddled through. We did see a couple of overturned trucks along the way. Very scary stuff!

TJ

45 flipped trucks?! I think I might have hesitated when I saw the third, probably second guessed myself at the 8th and stopped at the 10th.

45 is just a comical number. It’s unimaginable to me that so many folks kept driving seeing all those trucks flipped.

“Well, maybe that was the last one. I’ve only seen 22 trucks so far....uh-oh! Well now it’s 23 I guess.”

We have encountered 70 mph crosswinds in Wyoming on two occasions. Had there been a safe, sheltered area to pull off, we would have done so. There were none, so we kept our speed down and muddled through. We did see a couple of overturned trucks along the way. Very scary stuff!

TJ
We hit 80+ in the same area. Active Air was overwhelmed. Hard to control the coach even at 25-30mph. Got off the road an into a KOA, left the slides in and hunkered down. Not fun at all!

heavy winds I am off the road. I'll take a vacant field for refuge if I need to. Any off ramp is a good thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back