RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 3636
RV Length
2015 Ventana LE 3636

I just realized I still have the original Engine Air Filter in my (new to me) Ventana LE. The coach only has 13K on it but I know it needs to be changed. Question is ..... is that something I can do or do I need to take it in for service? If so .... how difficult is it? I just had the engine/chassis serviced but they didn't say anything about the filter. Grrrrr
Chuck

PS .... best place to get a filter short notice?

I assume you're on a Freightliner chassis? I would just get on an annual routine with Gaffney, SC and when you go next have them review everything and get you up to date. I often schedule my next years' appointment when visiting for service as they can book up early. Maybe book an appointment in April or May for start of season and go from there.

I have used filterbarn.com, amazon, and eBay for my air filters. It’s a job that can be done by your average DIY kind of guy. Just clean the dirt off of any surfaces around the engine intake before removing, including the top of the air filter. Ensure good tight fitment of the new filter inlet and outlet, esp the outlet. It takes me 30 min on a bad day, but I probably spent 1.5 hr on it the first time.

I don’t know how yours is configured, but I have found it easiest to access through the bedroom hatch.

Thanks. I have not ventured into the engine compartment via the inside yet. Mine is in the full bath in the back. I guess its a good time to start opening hatches and looking around. Luckily my local RV service center said they have one. Im not sure how but they said stop by on Wed and they will install one. I still need to learn how so I will keep looking into it. Im scheduled to leave on a trip this Thur or Friday.

Since you are leaving soon on a trip, I would have the RV service center do the filter change and ask if you can watch the procedure in case you ever "need to do an emergency filter change yourself." Adding that last caveat sometimes eases the service center's concern that you wont be coming back to them for future work...even if you won't. ;)

TJ

Good idea. I will let you know what they say. Im not holding my breath. :)

Be careful pulling up the bathroom floor entrance, if not done properly you can damage your tile (don't ask). Pull straight up and out, no twist! First, I recommend getting under the aft end and look up and in the engine area and you'll see just about everything. You can also typically raise the rear wheel fenders as there is just a few self tapping screws on the bottom and then pull out as the rear fenders are hinged giving you access to that area as well. @Chuggs does a lot of his own work and can probably give you tips.

By the way, I don't even recommend pulling up the bathroom floor access. It won't help you. You'll see the engine and that's it. I don't think that's how you get to the items you want to change.

I haven't a clue where the filter is on the LE. I found that on our ISL Ventana...it is easily accessed from underneath the rear drivers side of the coach. A few rags, silicone spray to wipe down the rubber fittings that connect to the canister, and a deep socket ratchet for untensioning the ring clamps. When done...reset the filter minder. Filter is bulky...but it's actually one of the easier service items to accomplish.

@skychs consider finding an engine diagram of your specific model engine and that would answer a lot for you.

Latest resources

Back