Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Ford F150 King Ranch
Fulltimer
No
Anyone have experience successfully adjusting Newmar bottom windows that won't close completely? I have 2 windows with bottom sections that open that don't seat properly, they are somehow misaligned, but I can't figure out how to adjust. The two arms seem even/straight. Any suggestions appreciated. The two pictures show the windows closed as fully as possible from the outside.
Picture2.png
Picture1.png

Assuming these are open/closed with the twist knob, sometimes mine will make that last pop in flush. You could probably disassemble to inspect.

Assumption correct, twist knob. Not sure I follow "last pop in"? Mine won't close right no matter how hard you twist. What would you disassemble? Everything seems good as far as the in and out movement goes, but the window itself seems out of alignment, one side hits first or something...so it can't sit flush.

So I've been thinking the hinged area needs adj but i can't figure out how to attack that-other than the temptation to grab it and twist it a bit-which will lead to the inevitable breaking of things i was trying to fix that I'm famous for...

Last edited:
Sometimes mine seems closed and then it makes the last movement flush, maybe a gasket or something. When NIRVC detailed my coach they removed some parts to get the screen out and clean the back side of the window I believe. So I was thinking if the knob could come off and you could get a better view inside or those two arms that push/pull the window maybe that would shed some light. Not sure, not at my coach, just thinking from what I have dealt with post detailing and getting some of those parts back where they are supposed to be.

Are you sure the windows have not failed. If you gently pull on the outside pane does it give? Sure looks like classic separation.
Just take your finger and gently tug on the bottom of the outside pane. If it moves the window has failed.

Last edited:
This happened in our rear bath when the escape door window failed. Luckily we caught it while going down the road and pulled over before the window came off. When the inner window separates from the outer due to a seal failure, the inner window can move independently of the outer. Normally when they are properly sealed together the inner window restricts horizontal movement of the outer window and the outer window restricts vertical movement of the inner.

so I agree that this sounds like a window failure. Take the screen off and give the outer window a little push outward while holding the inner window by its ledge where the arms connect. If the outer window moves away without taking the inner window with it, you’ve got a failure.

otherwise, try loosening the arms and see if you can push the inner window up, then tighten.

Last edited:
The way I fixed it temporarily when it happened to me was with VHB tape.

1. I climbed on a ladder outside and carefully separated the two pieces, breaking the seal between the inner and outer window all the way around.
  2. Next, I went inside and closed the inner window. Since it was no longer glued to the outer, there was some vertical play that allowed me to get a proper seal.
  3. Next I went outside and got on the ladder again and removed the sealant and then with a roll of VHB tape and carefully applied it to the inside of the outer window where the sealant had been.
  4. Then I firmly pressed the outer window against the closed inner window, holding it in place for a few minutes and really leaning into it, and moving my hands all around the window to get a good attachment.

We kept that window closed until we could get back to the factory (6-8 weeks later) but had no issues from that window with the above repair - other than I didn’t want to open it. Put Our group lead even commented that my repair was probably better than the actual violins build because initially, they couldn’t tell anything had failed.

Last edited:
Put group lead even commented that my repair was probably better than the actual violins because initially, they couldn’t tell anything had failed.
Don't you just love spellcheckers? :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Don't you just love spellcheckers? :ROFLMAO:

TJ
That’s what I get for trusting autocorrect. They should call it auto corrupt. I edited the post to correct.

Latest resources

Back