Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
A recent topic about cleaning lint from the dryer ducts made me want to ask about the ventless combined washer and dryer you can get including one from splendide. Has anyone tried or heard about them. We just got a ventless dryer in the S&B and it works great.

Hmmmm...without a vent, where does the moisture go? Inquiring minds want to know. :unsure:

TJ

I don’t know anything about ventless units but combination units tend to have all kinds of drawbacks.
  • Generally, they wash okay and the dry okay, but do neither one particularly well.
  • They tend to be god awful heavy
  • Cant wash another load while the first dries
  • One component breaks and you’re out both capabilities
To me, they tend to only make sense if your hard pressed to find space for two separate units.

So we have the Miele brand in the S&B as separate units and I have been impressed as they are small and compact And work well. But expensive IMHO so if I could find a ventless stackable in a good brand (not expensive) I would consider it in my next coach.

Miele is indeed an excellent brand. My wife is German and insists on Miele appliances any time she can get away with it.

We had a ventless combo once years ago. It was very small and took hours to dry 2 pair of jeans. They may have made improvements since then.

Great thread, and timely as well. I just bought a condo (to add to my rental portfolio) and the rules prohibit a washer/dryer in the unit. Actually, they prohibit a vent going through the wall, so therefor they say you can't have a washer/dryer.

A ventless dryer looks like just the ticket!

I think what @MapNerd said in post 5 makes sense as a single unit. We have been happy with the Miele units we have and they can dry jeans in 30 ish minutes which seem reasonable. Just need a Water source, standard drain pipe and outlets. They aren’t cheap is the downside. I would definitely put them in my next coach.

Latest resources

Back