Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

63.5xl

RVF Newbee
Which one works better, or if the same which is better deal, customer service, ect. We have T-mobile now which is great on price and works good in populated areas only. Going camping T-mobile has more no service than service.

Depends on your location. some have more than one service because of this problem with coverage.

We've got Verizon for phone and ATT for the Mobley. Where we live we got no ATT coverage so I switched to Verizon. When traveling, the Mobley hotspot works 99% of the time.

I hate Verizon. AT&T in my travels always wins. Customer service has been great as well. I despise Verizon everything.

I hate Verizon. AT&T in my travels always wins. Customer service has been great as well. I despise Verizon everything.
I use verizon but hate the company.
Alas where I winter verizon is the only service.

Because my husband was an over-the-road truck driver and traveled the entire US ... well, not Alaska & Hawaii ... being able to connect was important to us. We started out using AT&T and rapidly learned there were many, many areas we couldn't talk. We live in SE PA and he couldn't call from areas of NJ which was ridiculous. Many other drivers recommended Verizon Mobile so we made the switch. I can tell you there are almost no spots in the US where he couldn't call home even going thru the tunnels on the PA turnpike or in remote North Dakota. Do I like the company? No. They have quite the attitude and customer service is not their strong point. Trying to resolve an issue on line is a joke because everything ends up telling you to call. But their actual coverage is excellent.

I use ATT, DW has Verizon. We made that change a few years ago when we had no Verizon coverage for a week. Pretty good coverage now, but customer service sucks for both.

We have been using Verizon for years and it has worked well. Out here in the West, we've found Verizon to have better coverage in the areas we frequently travel in. All services will have dead spots, but Verizon seems to us to have fewer ones out this way.

As for customer service, it has been OK. We rarely have needed it and when we did, we had no complaints. Maybe we're just too easy to please. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Here's what I know:
- for emergencies, if you can't get through with voice try sending a text
- RVs can act a little like a Faraday cage and block cell phone signal so go outside or near a window
- Buy a cellular service booster device and install on your RV
- When finding campsites, check out the reviews that list cellular service

We use AT&T on our phones and we're getting a Verizon hotspot to use with a cellular booster. That way we can hopefully get the best of both worlds.

Latest resources

Back