Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I am extremely disappointed and disturbed as to what I'm seeing at campgrounds lately. I've been traveling quite a bit the past 6 weeks and I'm seeing dog poo everywhere! People are NOT picking up after their dogs and as a dog owner myself I'm concerned that campgrounds may change their rules. I had a campground I just left that had very strict guidance on dogs in that we could only take them to a small area which was not close to my campsite so I actually left a day early. Ironically on the vacant campsite next to me, left side, is a picnic table in a gravel bed. All around that table area in the gravel was dog poo. I'm at a KOA now and as I walk Elli I'm seeing dog poo everywhere. Bad on the campground for not cleaning this up? Maybe. Horrendous that dog owners are not picking up their pet's poo.

People, stop this! Have some respect for others and the campground. Pick up after your pets! Please!

Maybe it's the part of the country you are currently in. I haven't seen very many inconsiderate dog owners in my travels. Disclaimer: The past year my travels were just to state parks here in MO. I shattered my ankle two years ago and it still isn't up to long distance trips.

It’s pervasive, and has been that way for awhile. The worst I’ve seen was in Phoenix. The park marketed itself as dog friendly, but had way too few waste disposal sites. I believe people get lazy about it once the sun goes down.

Yup. A few years ago I pulled up to my site, blocked by my neighbors truk. His large dogg running arounfd on my site. Had to live for two weeks smelling what they left behind somewhere nearby.

People, stop this! Have some respect for others and the campground. Pick up after your pets! Please!
That’s why we have a small dog....much easier to pick up?

You know this irritates the crap out of me.

I always carry bags and if by chance she catches me by surprise when I don’t have a bag left and does her business when I least expect I will mark the spot and immediately return with a bag to pick it up.

I always fear people will think it’s me leaving it when I see it. If it’s a small amount and I have spare bags with me I will pick up what others left behind but I most often don’t have spare bags.

It’s very disrespectful and a sign of ultimate laziness when I see this. I haven’t seen it really bad at places I’ve been to but once is enough!

I went to the dog park today at this KOA and as it's pretty long I walked to the other end to see if Elli did something. A fresh looking poop but not sure if it was hers. I get a bag and sure enough it's cold. Infuriating and disgusting. I don't know what the deal is with people lately.

Sounds a lot like where I am. People thinking they can use my site as a walkway (even when I have been outside) and the ones around me that do not use any sort of leash, AND the neighbor that brought his dog over to my side for the evening potty break (no leash) while I was out with my dog on her leash, his dog came up to mine and quarreled with mine. Again another just like the rest that couldn't even say Hi, Bye or even Kiss my a$$. I get real tired of the total lack of respect.
edit: Forgot about the poop that I cleaned up in my site that clearly wasn't from a 90 pound dog.

I think you are preaching to the choir here, @Neal. Still, it is frustrating for those of us why try to be responsible.

As much as I would like not to, I carry extra bags and pick up the obvious stuff others leave behind. We are longtime dog owners and have had them along with us in our RVs over the years. Picking up after our pets is just part of being a responsible dog owner, just as properly feeding, watering and caring for them is.

I fear that people who aren't responsible enough to pick up after their dogs are probably just as deficient in caring for them. For dog lovers, that is particularly sad because our furry friends depend on us to meet their basic needs and properly care for them. And, it really hurts when we see a dog that has been mistreated in any way.

TJ

Latest resources

Back